Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

LTPWS Warning Light (Low Tire Pressure Warning System)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 04:04 PM
Secrt007Agt
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTPWS Warning Light (Low Tire Pressure Warning System)

I just had my rims re-surfaced & re-mounted. On the first test drive the Low Tire Pressure light came on & soon after, the LTPWS light came on too. I had to add some air to my left rear which eliminated the Low Tire Pressure light, but the LTPWS light was still on. I re-started a few times & no lights, but after driving around a little the LTPWS light comes on. ANY IDEA'S? I thought maybe the guys that took the rims & tires off may have messed with one of the "in tire" sensors, but that light (Low Tire Pressure) is off and just the "System" light glows!
Old 03-07-2002, 04:12 PM
ParkRat
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: LTPWS Warning Light (Secrt007Agt)

They might of knocked the sensors when removing the tires off the rims. I had the same thing happen....I tried finding replacements but they are very expensive.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:48 PM
brimee
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 42 Posts

Sounds like they broke one of them! I had a tire shop break mine :mad
It did the same thing. They bought me a new one and installed it. :)
I guess thats because I warned them about it and I was standing right there when they did it :yesnod: I would see if they would replace it for you!
Old 03-08-2002, 12:26 AM
Stv50
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got four new michelin pilot's on my 96 from Discount Tires. I drove off and things were fine, driving about 35 to 40 mph on the way home. The next day I went to a club meeting which required me to get on the freeway. I statred out and the front end started violently shaking, it scared me to death. I took it back to the shop thinking the tires weren't balanced. But found out they broke one of the sensors and it was loose inside the tire rollong around. They had to order another one, that has been months ago. My light comes on now also after a few minutes of driving.

Get notified of new replies

To LTPWS Warning Light (Low Tire Pressure Warning System)

Quick Reply: LTPWS Warning Light (Low Tire Pressure Warning System)