Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Looking for engine shop in Maryland.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have zero experience with superchargers, and very little modding an L98. So I don't know. I was just trying to help you find a place that could do what you want, I don't know what the solution to what you want is.

A B2K with an L98 built for boost made 350-403hp. I would think with a blower would make less both because you can't run as much boost, and because the blower consumes power. But I'm speculating.

You can roughly guess a 250hp car at ambient pressure (14.7psi) will make at most 352hp at 6psi of boost. Then subtract the power the blower consumes, and whatever power loss to intake heating and other inefficiencies. You could do the math for whatever pressure you think the engine could operate at.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:38 PM
shaun8484
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Although I have a C3, I live just outside of Easton, would love to be able to find a machine shop close to me, or anywhere on the eastern shore, would prefer not to go to the dark side (western shore). I try to avoid it at all costs lol
Old 01-01-2018, 04:42 PM
auggy
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Eastern Shore

Originally Posted by shaun8484
Although I have a C3, I live just outside of Easton, would love to be able to find a machine shop close to me, or anywhere on the eastern shore, would prefer not to go to the dark side (western shore). I try to avoid it at all costs lol
Didn't they use to say " their is no life west of the Bay Bridge" ?

Quick Reply: Looking for engine shop in Maryland.