Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Power Steering Pulley Alignment...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 11:21 PM
BigC4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Power Steering Pulley Alignment...

Got a 1991 serpentine pulley setup and the power steering pulley is not aligned with the others, what can be done to adjust the power steering pulley in a little bit. All of the other pulleys align. The power steering pump is trapped between two brackets, so it doesn't appear that the pump itself can be adjusted back. Can the pulley be adjusted back? I really don't want to shim out every pulley to match the power steering pulley, what's up.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:53 PM
BAM92
Safety Car

Should be able to thread a bolt into the end of the shaft with a nut on it. Tighten the nut against the pulley while holding the bolt to push pulley further in. If you need it to go in further than flush with the shaft, might have to put a spacer between nut and pulley that is larger inner diameter than shaft to push in even further. This make sense?
Old 05-15-2010, 12:31 AM
BigC4
Pro

Originally Posted by BAM92
Should be able to thread a bolt into the end of the shaft with a nut on it. Tighten the nut against the pulley while holding the bolt to push pulley further in. If you need it to go in further than flush with the shaft, might have to put a spacer between nut and pulley that is larger inner diameter than shaft to push in even further. This make sense?
Yes it makes sense, I will have to try that. I was really starting to get frustrated, because I could not believe that I would have to shim out all of the other pulleys just for the power steering.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:23 PM
BigC4
Pro

Originally Posted by BigC4
Yes it makes sense, I will have to try that. I was really starting to get frustrated, because I could not believe that I would have to shim out all of the other pulleys just for the power steering.
Got the pulley on more and now everything is aligned, awesome. I was worried, because I bought this stuff so long ago, that somebody (not from here) could have sold me the wrong pump with the vette bracket. It is all aligned now. All I have to do now is finish polishing my water pump and put it all together.

Get notified of new replies

To Power Steering Pulley Alignment...

Quick Reply: Power Steering Pulley Alignment...