Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 presentations at Bowling Green?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Default C4 presentations at Bowling Green?

The ZR-1 "Brotherhood of the Beast" and the GS guys are pretty well organized, and each are addressing some agenda items and presentations for the gathering. But the ZR-1 guys in particular are making an effort to see that the rest of the C4 bretheren are not left out; we love all our buddies (even the GS guys )!

Our ZR-1 Registry Activities Director (Dave Johnson) is reaching out to find some guest speakers to talk about the Corvette Challenge cars which will be of interest to ALL C4 guys. And, he's working on getting us some time at Beach Bend to do some drag racing.

And, another of the presentations the FBI ZR-1 gang is working on is a "101" approach to tuning our Corvettes, and another presentation on the dual disc clutch kits by RAM. (The dual disc presentation pertains especially to big inch LT5 cars. But! The Veleo clutch is no longer made, so you SBC 383 and 396 guys might like to sit in on that one too, or anybody else that likes to drag race "a bit", but hates replacing clutches!)

I'm not sure if the GS guys are going to have a rousing seminar on "How to Check the VIN Number for a Real GS", or maybe "Ways to Re-attach Fender Flairs", or the like, J K , but the Z brothers for sure would like to see as many C4 guys and cars as possible come May 17-19 in Bowling Green.

Hope to see ya there! Oh, and our beloved monitor, Mr. "HP Bushrod" wants a ride in a Z. I know JUUUST the guy to do that too!

P.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The last time I had my car out at the track it was for a ZR-1 event. I hadn't intended to race, just watch. After I saw about the 10th ZR-1 struggle to get into the 13's I decided I'd run. I had fun sticking it to a few ZR-1 drivers with my "lowly" LT1.

Granted there were plenty out there who could kick my butt too.

At the end of the day a good time was had by all and that's what's important.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Nathan Plemons
The last time I had my car out at the track it was for a ZR-1 event. I hadn't intended to race, just watch. After I saw about the 10th ZR-1 struggle to get into the 13's I decided I'd run. I had fun sticking it to a few ZR-1 drivers with my "lowly" LT1.Granted there were plenty out there who could kick my butt too.

At the end of the day a good time was had by all and that's what's important.
Well, I should hope so! If they weren't getting into the low 13s or 12s, they must have had lace on their undies!!!

Last time out, I blew a hole in one of my intake runners and sucked a quart or two of coolant through the engine (got too thin after some porting, but didn't show up for two year after.), and I still ran a 13 flat at 115 mph ON 6-7 CYLINDERS!). (Shoulda been in the low 12s at least!)

P.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:00 PM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I was shocked at just how badly people were running. One guy had a legitimate excuse because he was stuck in low power mode, the others just couldn't drive.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Sounds interesting. I have driven my '91 to the museum, but not during a "gathering".
I can think of a few reasons though why I would not be cutting my best time slips at a track that is hundreds of miles from my home.
Poor driving would not be one of them.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:14 AM
H P Bushrod

Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:41 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Joe B.
Sounds interesting. I have driven my '91 to the museum, but not during a "gathering".
I can think of a few reasons though why I would not be cutting my best time slips at a track that is hundreds of miles from my home.
Poor driving would not be one of them.
Ummm yeah. I hear ya! There's always that possibility. But, JVD is right there across from the NCM. The FBI gang has a couple members that are trailering their cars down there, just in case someone in the group breaks something; a thought if you're traveling in a group. Otherwise, launch with a "bog and go" approach, and things will be fine.

OR! Just come n watch! There will be a few big inch LT5s (stroked and sleeved) there, putting out north of 650 crank hp. These are 10-second cars that drive in city traffic, sounding like stockers.

P.

P.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 presentations at Bowling Green?

Quick Reply: C4 presentations at Bowling Green?