2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Old 10-06-2011, 02:02 AM
Greenwood-Robban
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, you can not give me those kind of comments. You really force me to trying to amaze you more and more every time i post

You try to make this project go out of control....hmm, i think i already have passed that point....
Old 03-02-2012, 10:16 PM
BigBirdGreenwood
Intermediate

Very nice . I just spent quite a while reading this whole post. It is nice to "see" what you are doing as you go--it is also nice to see a true Vette owner doing his own work. I am getting ready to tear into my 94 Greenwood with 72k miles--its been fun getting there. Over the last 2 years I have been gathering parts while I have prepped for the big day. Friends think I am nuts, but just can't let my "big bird" go. Thanks for the posts--look forward to seeing more.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Greenwood-Robban
Advanced

Thank you BigBirdGreenwood! Your kind words are what inspires me to keep going. "unfortunately", we have moved to another apartment, so i havenīt been working with the car in 4 months. I will now start working full time on the car again to get the first version of it done so i will be able to use it for the first time in three years this summer. I will continue to update here as soon as work is in progress again!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Greenwood-Robban
Advanced

Default Resurrection!

Gentlemens! Welcome to the resurrection of both the car and this thread

Okay, to make a long story as short as possible... The whole progress with the car kind of stopped after my last post. I remember alot of you where subscribed to this thread and propably wondered what the hell ever happened to the car....

My plans where to have the car going in spring 2012.... That decision was made during late spring of 2011 because alot of work was still to be done and the time was running out, so...

Progress was made and so finally in the early autumn, me and wifie signed a contract for a bigger apartment (something that was truly needed since we lived like rats in a shoebox.. So to the fact our relationship almost ended). My main focus from then was of course, our new apartment. A couple of days later, a company called me up and headhunted me. One week later i had signed the contract for my employer, so all my focus was on my new job and the new apartment wich needed some "minor" fixing. The day after we moved here, i began my new job, so as you pretty much understand, i simply had no energy left for the car...

During late spring 2011, i lost the inspiration for the car and even concidered breaking it, selling it in pieces and of course the papers and VIN code etc in an attempt to not loose way too much money. I started to think of bulding a Ford Cosworth again since i am more of a Motorsports guy. Summer 2011 meant a nice holiday.. We made our way over to Florida (god i love Tampa!) and yes..Thatīs where i started to get my inspiration back while having a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder as rental car. We headed over to Ecklers.... I planned that 2012 was the year the car was going back on the roads after 3 years off the road..

Well, since i never get satisfied, i felt that rushing the whole project just to be able to drive and then having to dismantle everything again just to continue the resto wasnīt an option. I also had stuffed the conv.lid with my nice new Ecklers items.

Summer of 2012, we went back to Florida (god we really do LOVE Tampa!) and yes, Ecklers was one of the "point of interests"....

Here we are! I started off with firing up the engine...The fuel rails where leaking like a rainy day in Tampa. So i had to dismantle everything again and replace the gaskets. Had big troubles finding the vacuum leak in the runners/plenum area (I still have gasket kits in stock lol). That is sorted out and now i am starting from the front and working my way back on the car. I have finally re-installed the left headlight unit and fired up the day running lights for the first time in 4 years.

While having everything apart, i took the time to finish the runners one more time just to get a little more Bling Bling..

Everything back together again and that old, slow, dirty & boring L-98 is running smooooooth!

Just had to have this classic tune up item

Soon to be occupied!

There we go...

Left hand:

I am really pleased with my cars colour...

All lined up !

Left hand completed

Firing up the DRLīs for the first time in 4,5 years.

When i decided, during 2011 in Florida, to let the evolution of this car keep going, i invested another $1500.00 in....:

And:

Believe me, i had a major fight, fitting them in my suitcase on my way back to Sweden...

During 2012 in FL, i picked up some more stuff. Now i wonder what this might be, laying in the conv.lid, related to the above articles..

And so, the resurrection has started! To be continued....
Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 PM
ckwhite
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Greenwood-Robban;1577138056]OK, First of all,

I have noticed that some people canīt handle that others are putting wings or bodykits on their C4īs. If you are one of those, please donīt bother to comment this thread. There are other threads for you to read. I started this thread just to show the ones who likes C4īs with bodykits, my own project.

Your car is beautiful. No, I am not one of those who hate body kits. In fact, My '89 had a body kit on it when I bought it. The previous owner had almost destroyed it, but I liked the look of it so much that when I had bodywork done on it, I had the kit restored too.

Good luck, Robert!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:05 AM
Axial
Racer

I actually prefer the side-mouldings to stay black, but that car is still very sharp and, although already a head turner, would cause whiplash if you put the hard top on it.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Greenwood-Robban
Advanced

Ckwhite:interesting that you had the body kit repaired. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a new kit?

Axial: the reason they are painted is they where already painted when I bought the car many years ago. I pretty much didn't have a choice since the paint shop couldn't keep the structure of the originals. They would've been more high gloss black than matte. They blend in nice on my car as blue IMO. I appreciate your kind words though. I like when people are honest. Lucky me for living in Sweden and not the US since alot of people would sue my *** off for whiplash injuries then
Old 01-09-2013, 04:18 PM
ckwhite
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

[QUOTE=Greenwood-Robban;1582778484]Ckwhite:interesting that you had the body kit repaired. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a new kit?

Well, I DID have to replace the wing. The old one was too badly damaged (as in: "how to you damage a wing?"). But the four ground-effects (skirt) pieces were cheaper to repair than buying new ones. Surprised me, too.

Last edited by ckwhite; 01-09-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Tried to add photos from photobucket. No luck. Secret?
Old 10-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Greenwood-Robban
Advanced

Default Update !

So yes iīve been quiet for a long while but now both me and the car is back and the progress is getting on.

First up was the front which gave me BIG trouble with the fitment. At one point i gave up because the car was about to made me loose my mind

Ready for some work...

Finally unwrapping the frontpieces.

Assembly began of the mouldings..

And so finally came the struggling work of putting the front on the car all alone. It fitted litterally like ****! Way off centre.

I was working on this for a very long time before a member here posted a very nice how-to guide. It turned out that the whole impact bar had moved sideways, probably due to the car being lifted and being on jack stands during different steps. Finally got that sorted out and was high on life again...

As good as it can be. I am amazed over the fact that there is absolutely no perfection in the bodywork on these old cars. Began to unwrap the Greenwood Motorsports 3 front pieces and had to modify some holes to make it fit.

The middle piece was very tricky to get into position once the corners where in place. I spent countless of hours adjusting the whole front, adjusting the Greenwood Corners and then finally the middle section before it was finished. But it was worth all the time, effort, bruises and cuts in my fingers

Front fiiiinallyyyy done. Moved on to the sides of the car.

Weather stripping had seen better days. What a total shock...

Unwrapping the doorhandle and assembly of the doors began...

New weatherstripping..

Starting to look like a Corvette again

So, hope you enjoyed! Now the progress has come to the interior. Needless to say, i think you know what next update will contain. Until then

Last edited by Greenwood-Robban; 10-10-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Quick Reply: 1987 Conv.Restore - A Greenwood Corvette is born