C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Rear Leaf Spring Spacer Dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 10:20 AM
JeepCycle
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear Leaf Spring Spacer Dimensions

Does anybody have the complete dimensions for these items? This is theone that goes between the insulator bushings on each mounting bolt for the monoleaf. According to the GM Parts and Illustration Catalog for 1984-89 Y Model cars it is either; part# 14060140 for 84-85 models or, part# 14084056 for 85-87 models. or where can I buy these? I found one metal sleeve that seems to fit in place according to my FSM but I need to be sure as it is the only piece like it that I have from 2 different rear suspensions.
I have a lowering kit with some poly inserts but it doesn't seem complete as there are no insulators or spacers with it. I no longer remember where I got the lowering kit from so I need dimensions or a place to get them from. I will need new insulators too.

Thank you in advance for all replies.

JeepCycle
Old 08-08-2011, 06:26 PM
rodj
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepCycle
I have a lowering kit with some poly inserts but it doesn't seem complete as there are no insulators or spacers with it.
It is not usual to touch the spring when lowering rear so would not be included
Lowering kits only ever have the bolts and doughnuts that go on them

Last edited by rodj; 08-08-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:55 AM
JeepCycle
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rodj
It is not usual to touch the spring when lowering rear so would not be included
Lowering kits only ever have the bolts and doughnuts that go on them
Thanks for the reply.

I understand your reply from having viewed photos on the websites of vendors who sell these and from speaking to a couple of vendors about said kit. This whole suspension was disassembled to facilitate the differential rebuild so I figured about 1.5 years ago that while everything was apart, I would convert to all poly-bushings and lower the car. Due to many delays, not the least of which is my lengthy recovery due to 4 TBI's sustained from a hit and run incident June 2010, many parts seem to have gotten legs or were not there when disassembled. I just cannot remember. Friends are helping me reassemble the car and I just need to find parts or get them fabricated.
I have everything I need other than these aforementioned spacers for the insulators. Still not sure if I really have to have them and cannot seem to find anyone who has that info. They are listed in my FSM and my My GM Parts and Illustration catalog in the procedure and shown in the diagrams as parts for the Z51 suspensions. Hate to get it all back together and then have a catastrophe because I didn't ask enough questions or do enough research.

Thanks again,

JeepCycle

Get notified of new replies

To Rear Leaf Spring Spacer Dimensions

Quick Reply: Rear Leaf Spring Spacer Dimensions