C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

"Vehicle not responding" X 3

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 06:41 PM
94redrag
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default "Vehicle not responding" X 3

Trying tp scan my car - 94/M6 - with my Autoxray 6000. Scanner keeps reading"vehicle not responding" Good batteries and scanner is up to date. WTH? Took the car to my local mechanic that I trust and both of his scanners are saying the same thing. Now I'm confused and he says he'll have to look into the issue deeper. All I want to do is figure out if my "Code 41" is coming back or not. May have to resort to the paper clip method, but would really like to fix the scanner issue .
Any suggestions?
Old 08-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Is the key on while trying to scan? Not running but the car ready to start? Check for a bent pin in your interface cable. Make sure your are lining up the slot with the line in the ALDL port. Get a flashlight and make sure your hitting ALL the pins. GC

Last edited by Goldcylon; 08-15-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:25 PM
94redrag
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
Is the key on while trying to scan? Not running but the car ready to start? Check for a bent pin in your interface cable. Make sure your are lining up the slot with the line in the ALDL port. Get a flashlight and make sure your hitting ALL the pins. GC
Yeah, I/We have the key on and have checked for bad/bent pins. Found nothing and We have the same issues with 3 different scanners and 3 different cables. Definitly has me and my mechanic confused?!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Wow the possiblity of a bad ALDL port only remains with three different scanners and three differnet cables. Paperclip time

Get notified of new replies

To "Vehicle not responding" X 3

Quick Reply: "Vehicle not responding" X 3