Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 04:42 AM
jim spitzer
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12
Default 87 dash

Hey guys, I've been thinking/posting about my dash giving me a problem. Now its taken out my cruise, and 1/2 of my gas guage. In fact yesterday at 5 oclock traffic on the 408 in orlando, Fl. I ran out of gas, the guage looked like it was at a half tank. Anyway its time to get it fixed. I need a good company to send it too. Or change to analog I've read somewhere that the analog kits now come with a componet so you can use cruise control.

Thanks alot for your input
Jim
Old 01-14-2012, 08:07 AM
blackbear bob
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Had mine done by forum member scarabexc, looks better than new after two years. He is very reasonable with a quick turnaround. PM him or give him a call 512-948-5900. His name is Gary and he dose exellent work. Bob
Old 01-14-2012, 09:21 AM
HlhnEast
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbear bob
Had mine done by forum member scarabexc, looks better than new after two years. He is very reasonable with a quick turnaround. PM him or give him a call 512-948-5900. His name is Gary and he dose exellent work. Bob
Gary is the man to go to. There are more companies out there as well but supporting a Forum member is the way to go.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:00 PM
jim spitzer
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12
Default 87 dash

Thanks guys, I'm getting ready to pull my car off the road so I can get some work done.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:44 PM
rodj
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by jim spitzer
the guage looked like it was at a half tank.
Have you checked the sender 1st?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...h-article.html

Last edited by rodj; 01-15-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:39 AM
wayne smith
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can try Jim at Vettesport in Salem , he has parts for the dash and offers a service
Old 01-16-2012, 08:23 AM
jon1all
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

When/if my dash ever gives me trouble (knock on wood) I will just convert it to analog. Here are some of the kits for doing so.

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....rt~A2~cadefibF

Don't get me wrong I do love my Atari dash, but a nice set of analogs is tough to beat... and with Auto Meter gauges should last a lifetime I am thinking.

Not cheap (and can maybe be found cheaper somewhere other than Corvette Central) but a mod worth the expense IMO.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:26 AM
jon1all
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jim spitzer
Hey guys, I've been thinking/posting about my dash giving me a problem. Now its taken out my cruise, and 1/2 of my gas guage. In fact yesterday at 5 oclock traffic on the 408 in orlando, Fl. I ran out of gas, the guage looked like it was at a half tank. Anyway its time to get it fixed. I need a good company to send it too. Or change to analog I've read somewhere that the analog kits now come with a componet so you can use cruise control.

Thanks alot for your input
Jim
Oh yeah, btw... what role does the dash have in affecting whether or not the cruise control works? My cruise gave out about a year ago... thought it was a fuse, but it wasn't... haven't spent much time trying to solve the problem because I don't use cruise much in town, but if it's tied to the dash somehow I'd like to know.

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:18 PM
cadwiz_01Z
Burning Brakes

Location: When Democracy becomes tyranny, the armed citizens will still get to vote!
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jon1all
Oh yeah, btw... what role does the dash have in affecting whether or not the cruise control works? My cruise gave out about a year ago... thought it was a fuse, but it wasn't... haven't spent much time trying to solve the problem because I don't use cruise much in town, but if it's tied to the dash somehow I'd like to know.

Thanks.
Batee link for cruise problems.

Get notified of new replies

To 87 dash

Quick Reply: 87 dash