Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

electric seat rail vs manual seat rail

Old 11-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Cavi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric seat rail vs manual seat rail

out of curiosity, has anyone had both a electric seat rail in their driver's seat and ansl a manual seat rail? I am curious if the manual rail might be lower to the ground than the electric?
Old 11-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Jeffgorden24
Advanced

I have switched from power drivers seat track to manual and did not notice any difference.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:18 PM
ninety4formula
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think that there would be much if any difference either. I have taken the seat off the track before and the back of the track will go down until it hits the floor. The only possible difference I could see would maybe be in the front of the seat but I don't think that would gain you anything in terms of head room. If you are looking for more headroom you can always take the seat bottom out and unhook the nylon webbed supports and then put the seat bottom back in. That is how I drive mine. Come autox day I have a thin seat bottom that my mom made me that might be an inch think. Then at least I can fit inside with a helmet. FYI I'm 6'5 265 lbs.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Cavi
Pro

We are thinking along the same lines!!! For autox I plan on just using a 1 inch foam....
Old 11-30-2011, 07:17 PM
ninety4formula
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep that is what I do. In my other vette just used it all the time because the seat covers were replaced and they added extra foam. Thats fine if you are smaller but not a giant like me haha. How tall are you?

Get notified of new replies

To electric seat rail vs manual seat rail

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: electric seat rail vs manual seat rail