Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Code 32, changed EGR valve, light still on?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 12:13 PM
3D87C4
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My hands are not small, it wasn't easy. Push comes to shove, it is just a wire, you could cut it and splice the new one in. A little solder & heat shrink tubing & you're good to go.

Or take it to a shop & have them do it. DIY's fun, but sometimes it's easier to cough up the dough. I use Auto Dynamics up in Menlo Park & Corvette Connection in San Jose.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:12 AM
Eric Pinsker-Smith
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have exactly the second issue you described. I read in the service manual the conditions that trigger EGR, (50 MPH for 5+ mins, no 5% changes in throttle position, etc...) and thus I get the SES light (code 32) when I cruise on the highway. Restarting the car clears the light until I go on the highway again.

How can I go about troubleshooting this error? Aka, how do i know if its the EGR valve, the electronic solenoid controlling it, or something else?

Thanks,
Eric
Old 05-08-2019, 01:38 PM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

If the damn awkward connector is too much of a hassle, cut the old wire near the sensor, cut the connector off the new sensor and solder the new wire to the old. Use heat shrink tubing to cover the wire junction.

Quick Reply: Code 32, changed EGR valve, light still on?