Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Will C5 seats fit in C4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Funny this came up again. I'm getting ready to install brand new C6 take-out seats into a C5 conv. The owner states that the C5 seats are no longer comfortable and he rarely drives the car because of this.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:47 AM
vetteandgolf
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default igge seat covers

Originally Posted by aminnich
Check out the Iggee covers. About $200 and they fit great and do wear very well.
I have sport seats in my 94 and putt igge sport seat covers and had to tell lookers that these were not original. The sports are spot on and have pocked on the covers
Old 12-14-2013, 04:42 AM
Bluezman
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

To the OP. This is my 2-cents on the subject...

If you ONLY looked at how the C4 seats are built compared to the C5 seats, it is blatantly obvious (once stripped down to the frames) that the C5 seats are more comfortable. Everything about them is built for support. They are wider but by small margins but feel larger. I just rebuilt a set of C5 sport seats and put them in my C4. What a difference it made! I used to hate the feeling of being trapped into my car before; like sitting into an open 5-gallon bucket.

I put new support springs/wires on the C5 seat frames, then a firm rubber pad to prevent the new foam from being sliced by the wires like cheese. Then I installed heated seat pads and finally the new leather covers. It's easier to get in and out of the car. You can shift and stretch easier once you're in the car. And they don't look like prop rejects from the movie TOP GUN.

Finally, they were EASY to install! Nothing to it. Four holes and a little hardware you can source at Walmart. The Corvette floor is basically flat. Once the C4 seat brackets are out, which take about three minutes to remove, there isn't anything in the way of installing the C5 seats. The "new" seats included everything; controls, rails, mounting feet, etc. I literally had the seats installed in less than 45 minutes. It took another hour to route my wiring and install two Hi/Low switches for my seat heat.

Oh, I also have a great source for leather covers and seat heaters that are CHEAP if you're interested. I could send a photo of mine if you'd like.
The following users liked this post:
yibsobad (01-09-2024)
Old 12-14-2013, 07:46 AM
RollaMo-LT4
Race Director

Received 141 Likes on 116 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Bluezman
To the OP. This is my 2-cents on the subject...

Oh, I also have a great source for leather covers and seat heaters that are CHEAP if you're interested. I could send a photo of mine if you'd like.
Well I hope he has made his decision by now, since he started this thread almost 2 years ago.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:23 AM
Bluezman
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Lol. Ooops. I'm surprised you are still subscribed to it in that case. He probably has it done by now. If it was me, it takes just about that long to actually get something started and finished. Oh well, that's what I get for trying to be helpful. Lol
Old 12-14-2013, 09:33 AM
JayEmEss
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bluezman
To the OP. This is my 2-cents on the subject... If you ONLY looked at how the C4 seats are built compared to the C5 seats, it is blatantly obvious (once stripped down to the frames) that the C5 seats are more comfortable. Everything about them is built for support. They are wider but by small margins but feel larger. I just rebuilt a set of C5 sport seats and put them in my C4. What a difference it made! I used to hate the feeling of being trapped into my car before; like sitting into an open 5-gallon bucket. I put new support springs/wires on the C5 seat frames, then a firm rubber pad to prevent the new foam from being sliced by the wires like cheese. Then I installed heated seat pads and finally the new leather covers. It's easier to get in and out of the car. You can shift and stretch easier once you're in the car. And they don't look like prop rejects from the movie TOP GUN. Finally, they were EASY to install! Nothing to it. Four holes and a little hardware you can source at Walmart. The Corvette floor is basically flat. Once the C4 seat brackets are out, which take about three minutes to remove, there isn't anything in the way of installing the C5 seats. The "new" seats included everything; controls, rails, mounting feet, etc. I literally had the seats installed in less than 45 minutes. It took another hour to route my wiring and install two Hi/Low switches for my seat heat. Oh, I also have a great source for leather covers and seat heaters that are CHEAP if you're interested. I could send a photo of mine if you'd like.
Even though the original thread is old the recent replies are very good. I like my C4 seats, and while not in poor condition I will need to recover at some point. Your work on the C5 seats to include seat heaters is especially refreshing (I live in the Midwest and do miss seat heaters!). Would you send additional details as offered?
yibsobad (01-09-2024)
Old 12-14-2013, 09:41 AM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not something I would ever do, but to each their own. I have a C4 and C5 (Z06), and I would only go one direction - C4 seats into a C5. To me, the C4 seats are FAR superior.
Studying4boards (09-12-2015)
Old 12-14-2013, 11:11 PM
Kris_K
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I owned a brand new 2001 ZO6 back in the day and those seats sucked.

Quick Reply: Will C5 seats fit in C4?