jon1all
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah, ugh!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Oh, I dunno... I'm basically a purist too, but I've see worse!

Emulation of a really nice car can work if done well, and this one appears to be "good as any", IMO. On the other hand, some of those stick-on "ground effect" rocker/spoiler packages are (IMO) hideous!!

Your mileage may vary...

P.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:27 AM
sailorsteve
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks to me like an iffy attempt to reinvent the wheel.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:34 AM
dukeallen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tacky. It still looks like a vette, but with the one ugliest part of a TR added.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Y-ME
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's one I had a couple years ago. It's back up for sale in D.C. Craigslist if anyone's interested.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,009 Likes on 2,528 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Y-ME
Here's one I had a couple years ago. It's back up for sale in D.C. Craigslist if anyone's interested.

Bet if you had known what they were going to do to it, you would not have sold it! (at least not to THAT buyer!)
Old 01-12-2012, 11:57 AM
bangbgC6
Safety Car

Looks like a solid attempt of a dated style.
Not everyone wants a Red C4 with A-molds.
Styles change. The C4 hatch delete decklid conversion was available to those searching for a different look.

Saw one of these on the way into work this am. IMO it looks ungainly and dated, but the driver looked pretty happy.

Thank God they didn't make a Mondial Cabriolet kit for a C4.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:40 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

I can't see whatever was in the link but why feel the need to rip someone elses car? WGAF what they did to it if it's what they wanted?

Personally I think the best way to shame a Corvette is to let it sit in a pristine garage with a fresh coat of wax only to be driven on sunny days to car shows instead of doing what it was meant to do... but hey, if that's the path you choose, go for it.

I'm sure there are plenty of purists and waxers here who don't agree with the way I use mine either. I have a carburaeted LT4 with ground effects, a spray painted interior, an engine compartment full of zip ties, a chipped up nose, scratches, and at least a dozen other things that people here generally make fun of... and I couldn't care less. I guarantee that I enjoy mine as much as or more than any other person here. To each his own.

Last edited by RedLS1GTO; 01-12-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Y-ME
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Railroadman
Bet if you had known what they were going to do to it, you would not have sold it! (at least not to THAT buyer!)
No it looked like that when I sold it.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:55 PM
bangbgC6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO
I can't see whatever was in the link .
Looks like the site doesn't like hot-linking.

It was a black C4 w/ aTestarossa body kit, but not the TR back end.

It was actually a pretty nice execution of the kit from those pix.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:06 PM
oldalaskaman
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bangbgC6
Looks like a solid attempt of a dated style.
Not everyone wants a Red C4 with A-molds.
Styles change. The C4 hatch delete decklid conversion was available to those searching for a different look.

Saw one of these on the way into work this am. IMO it looks ungainly and dated, but the driver looked pretty happy.

Thank God they didn't make a Mondial Cabriolet kit for a C4.
I'd bet real money the red car isnt a vette 'kit' , might be a kit , but not a vette
Old 01-12-2012, 02:13 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

I can't see whatever was in the link but why feel the need to rip someone elses car? WGAF what they did to it if it's what they wanted?

Personally I think the best way to shame a Corvette is to let it sit in a pristine garage with a fresh coat of wax only to be driven on sunny days to car shows instead of doing what it was meant to do... but hey, if that's the path you choose, go for it.

I'm sure there are plenty of purists and waxers here who don't agree with the way I use mine either. I have a carburaeted LT4 with ground effects, a spray painted interior, an engine compartment full of zip ties, a chipped up nose, scratches, and at least a dozen other things that people here generally make fun of... and I couldn't care less. I guarantee that I enjoy mine as much as or more than any other person here. To each his own.

Well said Bryan. Sedan or station wagon drivers driving a Vette will never experience a rush behind the wheel.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Jon Hekking
Race Director

Received 241 Likes on 128 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C3 of Year Finalist (stock)

Who really cares?
Old 01-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by redls1gto
i can't see whatever was in the link but why feel the need to rip someone elses car? Wgaf what they did to it if it's what they wanted?

Personally i think the best way to shame a corvette is to let it sit in a pristine garage with a fresh coat of wax only to be driven on sunny days to car shows instead of doing what it was meant to do... But hey, if that's the path you choose, go for it.

I'm sure there are plenty of purists and waxers here who don't agree with the way i use mine either. I have a carburaeted lt4 with ground effects, a spray painted interior, an engine compartment full of zip ties, a chipped up nose, scratches, and at least a dozen other things that people here generally make fun of... And i couldn't care less. I guarantee that i enjoy mine as much as or more than any other person here. To each his own.

I still love your car!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:12 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette Daddy
i still love your car!!!!!!!!!!!:d
That sir, I take as one HUGE compliment.

I'm going to be at the museum in the relatively near future. Is there anything there at the moment that you had a hand in?

Get notified of new replies

To Best way to Shame your Vette

Old 01-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,009 Likes on 2,528 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Y-ME
No it looked like that when I sold it.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:25 PM
SUPERCHARGE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand pumping a ride up for a higher adrenaline rush, to better it's performance, to give it a unique look, or to simply satisfy your need for speed... but it's a bit of a different story when you buy a nice looking car that was built with it's own style, and you simply upgrade it trying to make it look like ANOTHER car by adding CHEAP counter productive add-ons such as fake side air dams on a front engine car, using a spoiler that doesn't create downforce, but increases drag and a cheap looking rear end.

I myself have a modified C4, greenwood package, and a dozen upgrades on the car and will keep adding. Some people don't like the looks, they can rip on me all they want, it gives me feedback on whether people like it or not. At least mine has quality parts, they serve a real purpose, creates its own image and doesn't try to project itself as a car it is not.

Last edited by SUPERCHARGE; 01-12-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:25 PM
SUPERCHARGE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Railroadman

Quick Reply: Best way to Shame your Vette