C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

[Bose radio-clock]The clock display stays On with Ign Off

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 01:50 PM
wro9921
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same problem with my 1988 35th

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM, i HAVE THE CAR ON A TRICKLE CHARGE FOR A FEW DAYS TO GET THE BRAND NEW #3 BATTERY RECHARGED . i ALSO PULLED THE FUSE, AND AS WELL THE A/C IS OFF.

THERE IS ALSO A RADIO FUSE, I WONDER IF I PULL THAT ONE, THE POWER TO RADIO WILL CEASE AND THEN I CAN RE PLUG THE FUSE INTO CTSY/CLOCK TO SEE IF THE CLOCK IS DEAD SINCE THE RADIO WILL BE DEAD TOO. THIS WAY MY A/C WILL WORK

ANY THOUGHTS ANY ONE

STRESSED WITH MY TRIPLE WHITE

Originally Posted by rcle1220
I also bought an 88 last month with the exact same problem. It does drain the battery after a few days so I bought a Battery Tender to use until I figure this out.

Another thing I noticed is that I pulled the clock/courtesy light fuse to prevent battery drain but somehow it also kills the A/C and heater doing it. I'm totally a novice so I'm lost as to what to do.

I think I'm going to start by having a new radio installed and see what happens because it seems all the problems stem from the Bose Delco radio.

If anyone has some good advice on this I'd so much appreciate it before I spend a ton of money I can't afford.

Quick Reply: [Bose radio-clock]The clock display stays On with Ign Off