Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

35th Anniversary Corvette Value Really

Old 04-24-2012, 06:26 AM
Leftoverture
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Personally, I'd leave it looking exactly as it came from the factory. But the great thing is...it's your Vette and you can do what you want with it.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:32 AM
desperateaudio
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One change to my original list is that I have decided to go with the Koni Sport Adjustables in the rear of the car as opposed to the QA1's.

Also in the end I may leave it the stock color but all I am saying is that there is nothing worth driving me to do so. Cosmetic mods for an anniversary edition as opposed to sport mods means very little to me and unless you are buying one that is very low miles in great condition it does not seem to matter from a dollar stand point.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:53 AM
desperateaudio
Advanced

For some reason I cannot attach pics so I put a public album on my profile which shows the car the day I got it.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:40 AM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Looks decent in the pics
Have fun with her in the restore
Old 05-01-2012, 04:29 AM
desperateaudio
Advanced

It photos better then it really looks. If you look hard at the pics you can see the difference between the hood repaint job and the rest of the car. Also you cannot see the drivers side rear quarter very well which has peeling paint all over it from sitting outside. And of course the interior seats were toast along with the steering wheel.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:40 PM
SunCr
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Beats me - I think I read somewhere that there were too many produced for the option to be worth anything. I know in the 20 plus years I've owned my '89, I've probably put what I paid for it back into it (another 30 grand and that's with 62,000 miles) - so if you can get it back to something nice for 5 or 6 grand, kudos.

OEM parts are getting hard to come by - crap you can't get an ac delco battery with the green eye and if yours came with a white case you can forget that too. Some of the reman stuff isn't too hot either - like the dash and console trim which the last time I tried to buy some came in a lighter shade than the original parts, so buying that stuff piecemeal doesn't quite work. Tires and wheels are out of production but there are plenty of shops (out here at least) which do decent wheel refinishing. The 35th of course is unique since they're body color and you probably don't want to hit a curb anytime soon. Need I say that a quality paint job will cost you more what you plan to spend? Oh well, enjoy and when you tire of it, sell it for whatever you can get and be done with it.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:06 PM
desperateaudio
Advanced

So I had a shot chance at luck today. Number 931 35th Anniversary Corvette died today. Remember I have number 107 and if you read early in the thread you will see i needed a lot of interior parts if I planned on fixing this car up as a 35th Anniversary or just go my own way with it and do the things that would make her look like any other corvette and not a 35th. Well I changed that today and she will stay a 35th in color and all. Why... because number 931 died today... The rest of that 35th sits in a junk yard in Lindenhurst NY. I bought the seats, steering wheel, door panels, the 35th emblems on the hood, all four wheel with 4 brand new Goodyear Eagles and the 931 badge on the center console. The car still has a newly built 383 stroker, newly built auto trans and rebuilt rear and body panels, other interior items, etc. It can be found at Elite Auto in Lindenhurst NY at 631-226-1003 ask for Timmy. I have pics of the car if you want them.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:11 PM
desperateaudio
Advanced

Originally Posted by 24695bob
I somewhat agree but visually it is much easier to tell a 35th as it drives down the road then a 25th 40th or 50the anniversary Vette ...and they are not all that plentiful...

If you are going to mess with it then sell me the numbered plaque off the console since mine is missing anyhow and the cars number has no relation to the vin number or production date...

Bob G.
Hey Bob, PM me as I have a plaque for you if your interested. number 931.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Tommy T-Bone
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

C4 restoration is done out of love and a pocket full of money. It's always cheaper to find what you want the first time around. You might be better off selling it and finding one that is complete albeit a little worn. If you're redoing it to make money you may be sadly disappointed. If your doing because your a hobbyist, jump right in. It will come together over time but $4k ain't gonna cut it moneywise IMO.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:47 PM
desperateaudio
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tommy T-Bone
C4 restoration is done out of love and a pocket full of money. It's always cheaper to find what you want the first time around. You might be better off selling it and finding one that is complete albeit a little worn. If you're redoing it to make money you may be sadly disappointed. If your doing because your a hobbyist, jump right in. It will come together over time but $4k ain't gonna cut it moneywise IMO.
Completely disagreed.

Although I am new to this forum this is my 6th C4. I started this thread for one reason. That was to see if this particular anniversary edition car had any real value before I went with my first choice to change it completely around and nothing else. Also I do all my own wrenching since I was 13 years of age. That would be... 35 years now. And when I say my own wrenching I mean everything. Mustangs, Porsche's, early BMW's, the previously mentioned C4's, early Corvair's, a coupe of Abrath's, early Triumph's, the list could go on.

If you read my first few posts you'll notice I said I have no plans to sell the car I just posed the question since I was sure others would know more about the value of this car then I and again, I just did not want to ruin something that I was not sure of. Although, I basically felt that what I stated in those early posts was true and that was that the car is in to used of a condition to be of any extreme value as a special edition model.

Now with that said the reason I disagree is this. I drive my cars and I drive them hard. I race occassionally but most of my driving is done on old country roads usually early in the morning. We have many such roads in upstate NY and I enjoy them to the fullest. I'm not a straight line guy I'm a GT guy. I have long found that unless you are looking for a garage queen or plan to drive 1000 miles a year a good base car to buy and rebuild (if you can do it yourself) is a far better bet. Total I'll have say 6 or 7 grand into this car when finished. I'm at $4800 now all in and as a daily driver I am almost done except for the paint. I doubt I'll spend more then $700 on paint as I have the garage, tools and knowledge to do it myself better then factory by a large degree. So that is how I see it.

Last edited by desperateaudio; 05-02-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:46 AM
Destinos67
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 65Z01
If it's pristene and you can get it for around $15k it's a bargain for sure.
$15k with that low of mileage would be really cheap and I would think something may be wrong with the car. Be sure to check autocheck or carfax - I found one of these really low mile cars and it has an accident on file- car was mint perfect too, but don't want a car with that blemish.

To the OP - with all do respect - you should not have bought the car if you are going to change the color. That sounds like a young kid thing to do, or just someone who is not too bright.

The truth of the matter is a mint condition one with low mileage (below 30k) should go for $15k+ - Below 20k miles - $19-16k Less then 10k miles - $23k-27k Under 1000k miles = $30k to ? What you can get.

For those that say - they really aren't worth anything more to you? Who cares, the OP is asking if they are worth more then a regular one- kind of a dumb question - YES - OBVIOUSLY they only made a tickle over 2000- and many have past away- they are worth more. How much - things go in swings. I think they area really unique sharp cars.

The guys that don't like them and say change the color - are probably gear heads that simply don't get it. It had an elegant sleek look to it- with just the right amount of dressing to make it classy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 35th Anniversary Corvette Value Really