Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Guy Loses Three Corvettes in Garage Fire

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Daniel_Mc
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

WOW this seems all too familiar. Thank God that John and his family are safe material things can be replaced to an extent. We were in a similar situation in 02 and lost everything (home, contents, and Corvettes). The insurance covered everything except for the corvettes after several years’ legal battle we were never able to collect on the cars. However there was no loss of life, I have the memories that can never be taken away. Our Prayers are with John and his family.

Daniel
Old 06-20-2012, 12:38 AM
Klondike
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts

Hearing about it is bad enough, but seeing those pictures is like a punch in the guts. My cousins house burned down many years ago, but I can still remember that god-awful smell.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:21 PM
96 Vette CE
Banned Loser
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: They say you learn from your mistakes, I must be a genius
Received 248 Likes on 114 Posts
2017 Corvette of the Year
2016 C4 of Year Finalist
Creator of the "Original" whining and crying thread
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by HrtGuy
First and foremost thank you to the CF editor who started this thread. My name is Shannon Davis I am the President of the Central Illinois Corvette Club. Where John is my Govenor and has been for over 20 years. I got the call Friday morning about what happened at 610a and left work at 1230p on Friday to go to Staunton which is an hour away. where John lives. Several other member went also. It was a very devastating site to see. Me and another younger member we both had tears in our eyes looking at what was the most horrific site a person could see knowing how John is about cars. John simply has lost everything. He does not even have a daily driver. Everything is a total loss. Several cars, trucks, hotrods, waverunners, motorcycle and tons of other memoribilia. All is lost. Nobody was hurt but he feels completely lost. He had 45 years of his life in those garages. He feels that he has" lost everything" an if fact he has but, he has his life and he has a tremendous amount of support around him right now. He does have insurance but I will not disclose his personal business. But all I will say is State Farm. John is a racer in the NCCC MidWest region and the NCCC Midwest Govenor. Please all keep him in your prayers and hope for the best for him!! Thank you all so much.

Shannon Davis CICC President

SdJsbGrandSport@yahoo.com
I can't even begin to imagine how he feels, but at least no one was hurt. I know they are only material items, but somehow they become a part of you.

Time heals all wounds and this will be no exception.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Rohn
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Home insurance covers those items that most people own. No coverage for car, the Donzi boat, the $10,000 wad of cash, or your wifes 4 carret diamond ring.

Quick Reply: Guy Loses Three Corvettes in Garage Fire