Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 AFTERMARKET: What support do you want?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 11:41 PM
powerpigz-51
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Instead of a composite manifold, how about composite siamesed or semi-siamesed L98 runners?
Old 10-12-2012, 12:18 AM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

-Corvette Central sells a Pioneer replacement for the Bose. This is to be used with the Bose speakers.

How about a customized stereo kit to order?

The customer would have the option of radio (USB, AUX, iPod etc), speakers, boom box etc.

-A replacement for the spare tire. The newest spare tire would be 16 years old.

-Fuel Rails Covers' C4 emblems.

-BF Goodrich KWD 315/35ZR17 tires
Old 10-12-2012, 12:53 AM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by PLRX
-

-BF Goodrich KWD 315/35ZR17 tires
This I like.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:36 AM
0RPP_Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I missed out on an 84 for $450. I was going to use it for pieces to design new parts. Thanks for the link to the C4 for $2500, but that is over the limit for what I will do with it. I need a good deal under $1000 from 84-89 within 5 hours of Jacksonville FL. I have a great deal of money going out for design of new parts, so I set a low budget for the spare parts car.

We don't sell tires, so I can't be a lot of help with the 315 tires. I am planning to go up to 345 on mine anyways.

We are getting quite a bit of support for our X-Longitudinal-Brace thread. I plan on starting that project this weekend.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-t...nterested.html

I need a donar car for many of the other projects. If you are close to Jacksonville FL and want to be part of new products, send me an email.

We will look into the gauge pillar pods probably next week. I think that project will be simple, but how many people want this type of product. Send us an email, because it is the only way we can determine support level for products.

Carbon fiber dashes can be done quickly, but I need a donor car or borrowed parts.

Thanks,
Brandon
rppcorvette2@gmail.com
www.riceperformanceproducts.com
Old 10-13-2012, 10:18 PM
0RPP_Corvette
Former Vendor

I started welding the brackets for my new X-Brace design. It was easier than I expected since it has been so long since I did any welding. I constructed the majority of the front two mounting plates and I cut most of the pieces to make the rear mounting plates. I could use the original holes in the front and back, but I don't think that will take full advantage of the system. I am going to make ledges on all mounting plates that can be drilled and bolted to the frame lips. I think that will add maximum structure to the car. There is not a lot of room under the floorpans so I think I am going to use rectangular tubing. I have seen the designs that use flat plate, but I think I can do better than that.

I am still looking for an 84-89 cheap or anyone close to Jacksonville, FL that is interest in assisting with new products.
Thanks,
Brandon
Old 10-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Midnight 85
Le Mans Master

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

I'd be all for a lip spoiler but not near as big as the one you are working on. Something with a base that would be big enough to cover the top of the rear fascia and not much more than an 1 to 1 1/2 inches tall.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:24 AM
tjandy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manual steering rack.

Last edited by tjandy; 10-14-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:19 PM
0RPP_Corvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by powerpigz-51
Instead of a composite manifold, how about composite siamesed or semi-siamesed L98 runners?
I can make improvements for intake manifolds, but I need to know what everyone wants. The L98 can be ported if larger runners are used. How many people want better runners for the L98 and what price range is acceptable (I know, a company asking what you want to pay ). I like composite, but it is hard to beat the longevity of metal. If I have at least 30 people that want something, at a reasonable price, I can usually make it (molds cost a lot).

For the speaker and stereo question, I usually just go through crutchfield for my stuff. What in particular do you need that is not available. I don't want to compete with large scale electronics companies (like fighting mike tyson).

Manual steering rack: Why? Would better aftermarket parts make the power unit better.

Now I'm beat. Welding and grinding all day on the X-brace prototype.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 10-14-2012, 10:56 PM
johnnymo63
Le Mans Master

Received 202 Likes on 123 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Modified Finalist
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

New seatbelts would be nice. I don't think anyone make those for our cars.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:58 PM
bolowbc
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have an idea that would probably be easier for you... and very functional!

I would pick up a set of reverse lights! I think the earlier models are thinner than the later ones... but both of them provide plenty of space I would think to improve on the lackluster lighting!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Better yet one that you can unscrew the antenna from
Look at a C3 antenna. My '71 had a solid rod with a nut at the bottom that held it in place. I used to loosen the nut and pull out the rod to put my car cover on.

The only disadvantage to this option is that the rod is 30" long (tuned to the middle of the FM band) -- not exactly "stubby".
Old 10-15-2012, 05:28 PM
1996man
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bolowbc
I have an idea that would probably be easier for you... and very functional!

I would pick up a set of reverse lights! I think the earlier models are thinner than the later ones... but both of them provide plenty of space I would think to improve on the lackluster lighting!
A plug and play set of HIDs to replace the stock reverse lights with now yellowed and grundgy lenses at a decent price would sell pretty quick I imagine. I know I would be in line. SHouldnt be to expensive to fab up either after you do the initial homework and research on it.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:32 PM
1996man
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Midnight 85
I'd be all for a lip spoiler but not near as big as the one you are working on. Something with a base that would be big enough to cover the top of the rear fascia and not much more than an 1 to 1 1/2 inches tall.
I would love to see something like this as well. Either something like:

1. The new ZR1 lip.
goes across the entire rear of the car but doesnt stick up extremely far but still looks functional

2. The exagerated lip that came on the callaway supernatural models with the two joined double tail lights. Looks just like the slight lip that came on all rear bumpers 91-96 just slightly higher

3. Something like the lip that is on the rear bumber ACI sells that is called something like a C5 conversion bumber but it looks nothing like the actual shape of the huge butt C5 bumper, it just has the oval tail lights instead of the square tail lights along with a built in lip that looks very similar to number 1.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:22 PM
tjandy
Intermediate

Manual steering rack... I have to replace my power steering pump now and since I have the basic alt, power steering pump, tension rod set-up I thought I could upgrade the bracket set-up.Flamingriver.com has a nice adj. one. That and a new alt. bracket now we're talking money(for me anyway).So a manual rack might not cost me much more. That and the spartan approach, If it ain't there it can't break.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:33 PM
0RPP_Corvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 1996man
A plug and play set of HIDs to replace the stock reverse lights with now yellowed and grundgy lenses at a decent price would sell pretty quick I imagine. I know I would be in line. SHouldnt be to expensive to fab up either after you do the initial homework and research on it.
I don't think HIDs are the best option for reverse lights. I am considering an alternate option with LEDs. The big consideration I always have with lighting is safety. I have seen a lot of products that are illegal and pedaled to Corvette owners like they are the greatest product ever. I want to bring quality, legal products to Corvette owners, that is why we are working on DOT testing for some HID products.
Thanks,
Brandon
Old 10-17-2012, 07:30 PM
John.87
Instructor

I would like to see quality replacement interior panels that dont cost an arm and a leg and dont have the feel consistent with chinese sweatshop products.

On that note, a double din conversion kit, to include a trim piece that doenst cost so much for a piece of plastic.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:09 PM
IAFF alumni
Tech Contributor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RPP_Corvette
I don't think HIDs are the best option for reverse lights. I am considering an alternate option with LEDs.
I would agree.
In fact, I've already replaced my backup lights with bright white LED bulbs.
Cooler, brighter, and way less current draw.

I did replace my fog lights with 5000k HID's, but all of my other exterior and interior lighting has been replaced with LED's.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 AFTERMARKET: What support do you want?

Old 10-18-2012, 11:54 AM
TTA579
Instructor

Originally Posted by John.87
I would like to see quality replacement interior panels that dont cost an arm and a leg and dont have the feel consistent with chinese sweatshop products.

On that note, a double din conversion kit, to include a trim piece that doenst cost so much for a piece of plastic.
Double din conversion for the digital dash? Yes please!
Old 10-18-2012, 02:02 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by RPP_Corvette
I am considering an alternate option with LEDs. The big consideration I always have with lighting is safety. I have seen a lot of products that are illegal and pedaled to Corvette owners like they are the greatest product ever.
I just had clear plexi cut for mine and have LED bulbs. They work great! They are about 5-6 years old now with no yellowing.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Matatk
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd like to see beam plates for a reasonable price...about $100 for a set.

Quick Reply: C4 AFTERMARKET: What support do you want?