Originally Posted by JrRifleCoach
Where's the blonde?
you mean this one

Old 01-13-2013, 10:53 AM
The Plastic Lizard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still trying to find the right color orange pinstriping to finish off the GS look.

this is a HOKIE VETTE (Virginia Tech)

and I painted it from stem to stern..including the painted targa top, halo, and inside both front and rear liscense areas.

if you are planning to paint yours, the dimensions are on the web....I just can't remember where
Old 01-13-2013, 11:04 AM
GS 163
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Front view:

It does get slightly wider as it goes up the hood.

Rear view:

Not the best pic, but you get the idea.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:20 AM
856SPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

I recently added the hash marks; always thought it would be nice to have hash marks the same color as the center stripe..... You can see the rear from my avitar.....somewhat

Last edited by 856SPEED; 01-13-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:24 AM
tomtom72
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'19, '21-'22-'23-'24

Holy smokes, Mr GS163 that car is as clean on it's undercarriage as it is on top! She is one gorgeous GS!!!!

Okay, now for the stupid question. I always wondered are those paint stripes, and are they under the clear??? I never see that many GS's and the ones I have seen I would never dream of putting my finger on the paint! Not cool at all.

Tom
Old 01-13-2013, 11:39 AM
856SPEED
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tomtom72
Holy smokes, Mr GS163 that car is as clean on it's undercarriage as it is on top! She is one gorgeous GS!!!!

Okay, now for the stupid question. I always wondered are those paint stripes, and are they under the clear??? I never see that many GS's and the ones I have seen I would never dream of putting my finger on the paint! Not cool at all.

Tom
I agree completely......not a black wheel fan even on those cars that came with them, but with those wheels...... that is the nicest GS I have seen...

Mine are painted; no vinyl at all and I believe the factory GS cars of 96 were painted as well, but I will have to let the GS owners attest to that...
Old 01-13-2013, 11:48 AM
856SPEED
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GS 163
Front view:

It does get slightly wider as it goes up the hood.

Rear view:

Not the best pic, but you get the idea.
Looking at the dimensions of your hood stripe, I realize mine is not wide/tapered as it should be like yours.....I knew that when it was finished, but I had my whole car repainted at very fair price and the overall quality was great, so I left things as is.......I have a question though, where is the Corvette emblem for the hood? Looks good w/o it, though!

Last edited by 856SPEED; 01-13-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:46 PM
GS 163
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtom72

Tom
Thank you, I have spent a lot of time on it to get it to where it is right now. The middle stripe is painted, while the pin stripes up each side are actually decals. The exception to this is the halo piece between the targa top and the hinge for the back glass, this piece is vinyl all the way across.

Originally Posted by 856SPEED
I agree completely......not a black wheel fan even on those cars that came with them, but with those wheels...... that is the nicest GS I have seen...

Mine are painted; no vinyl at all and I believe the factory GS cars of 96 were painted as well, but I will have to let the GS owners attest to that...
Thank you, I am not a real big fan of black wheels either. I have always thought that Fikses were the best looking wheel that you could put on a C4. I do still have the factory wheels though.

Originally Posted by 856SPEED
Looking at the dimensions of your hood stripe, I realize mine is not wide/tapered as it should be like yours.....I knew that when it was finished, but I had my whole car repainted at very fair price and the overall quality was great, so I left things as is.......I have a question though, where is the Corvette emblem for the hood? Looks good w/o it, though!
I removed the emblem on the front as I think those are a little gaudy, I also removed the front license plate and replaced it with a smooth one. IMO it just gives the front end a much cleaner look. There are many subtleties that I have done to this car to set it apart from the other 999 Grand Sports out there. Most you don't really notice until you really start to look. My thought is the best appearance mods are the ones that go unnoticed. I like the less is more approach. More pics are in my profile.

Quick Reply: Grand Sport center stripe show us yours