Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

[Body kit] Any pic of a C5 front on a C4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Aaron Keating
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PLRX
OMG GM should have had that be the C5. Where is our drool emote? Because that's what I'm doing right now.

OP: It's your vette, I've seen some decent looking C5 styled bumpers for the C4. Hell I'm sure when I'm done with mine, half the forum on here will be saying my vette is "too Ricer" with the blue led lighting. (doesn't matter that car guys have been doing it since the 70s with neon)
Old 02-06-2013, 03:53 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by GKK
Why so, Negative?...

For a long time Senior CF member, you sure don't act like one.

To kiwi1... I'm sorry for all the negative posts for your simple question. Your opinion is all that really matters in the end!
why the negative comments. I think with economic sense and a little car common sense. just step back and think would you give kate upton plastic surgery. sure a C4 is no supper model any more. but love it for what it is. if the op likes the little performance of a C4 and likes the looks of a C5 sure as hell he will like the performance of a C5 too. also try to be realistic on how much time, effort, and money to make a bad body kit look good. it will simply not just bolt on and be ready for paint. and if you want to know why the general reception for C4 is so bad. this is why lets not add fuel to the fire

but at the same time opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one. and at the end of the day its the op car and money
Old 02-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Sweet 90
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Didn't I read somewhere that these threads never end well
Old 02-06-2013, 05:07 PM
GKK
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
why the negative comments. I think with economic sense and a little car common sense. just step back and think would you give kate upton plastic surgery. sure a C4 is no supper model any more. but love it for what it is. if the op likes the little performance of a C4 and likes the looks of a C5 sure as hell he will like the performance of a C5 too. also try to be realistic on how much time, effort, and money to make a bad body kit look good. it will simply not just bolt on and be ready for paint. and if you want to know why the general reception for C4 is so bad. this is why lets not add fuel to the fire

but at the same time opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one. and at the end of the day its the op car and money
Perfect, User Name!...
Old 02-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

GKK. sorry I don't conform to your standards I think different from you. So what.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:25 PM
sinatra vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to the corvette social world. My father and uncle own corvettes. I have been around them all my life. My dad was never in a corvette club or anything because he always said that there is no enjoyment hanging out with those snobby bloomington people. Thats how I viewed a corvette owner for the longest time. Yuppie snob. Now that I am a vette owner and joined this forum I have found that vette people can be very helpful and I have made a lot of friends on here. There is however the condescending people on here that fit the stereotype. So what if its a c4 . Why do we have to fit in with the other crowds??? Be proud of your c4 and if it takes a body kit to do so , then so be it as long as YOU are happy. Rant over.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:33 PM
mgafun
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sinatra vette
I am new to the corvette social world. My father and uncle own corvettes. I have been around them all my life. My dad was never in a corvette club or anything because he always said that there is no enjoyment hanging out with those snobby bloomington people. Thats how I viewed a corvette owner for the longest time. Yuppie snob. Now that I am a vette owner and joined this forum I have found that vette people can be very helpful and I have made a lot of friends on here. There is however the condescending people on here that fit the stereotype. So what if its a c4 . Why do we have to fit in with the other crowds??? Be proud of your c4 and if it takes a body kit to do so , then so be it as long as YOU are happy. Rant over.
Thanks, Sinatra. I found a 2009 video on CF with a full conversion and took photos of the front cover:

To my eye, the transition from angular to curvilinear lines does not work well. So, I'll probably drop this venture. Thanks for all the input. Also, sorry for stirring up all the venom (Jeez, it was a simple question !!!).

Last edited by mgafun; 02-06-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:58 PM
bizaro
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Old 02-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet 90
Didn't I read somewhere that these threads never end well
Yes my Canadian Brutha.....I believe you did.

Quick Reply: [Body kit] Any pic of a C5 front on a C4?