C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Door sill wear

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 03:26 PM
mayberry
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Door sill wear

I have carpeted door sills in my '89. The problem is that after 13 years of people climbing in and out of the car it is beginning to wear the carpet out. The door sill protectors you can get from MAD will not cover the area that is wearing the most which is right beside the seats. Where can I find the complete plastic door sills to cover the whole thing and how much can I expect to pay. The interior is saddle/black, so either color would do for me. I would actually like black more as I try to offset the saddle color with as much black as possible.
Old 06-30-2002, 03:56 PM
dmalhi1
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Door sill wear (mayberry)

have you yet tried any local auto upholstery shops to see if they could perhaps just reapply carpet to the plastic panel?

if not give a call to the last detail corvettes, heres their website the phone number is on there, http://www.tld-corvette.com but i couldn't find the part you need on their website.

i did however find the part you need on ecklers website.... they'll cost 69.99 for the pair of carpeted door sills and you can get whatever color you need.
the link to the door sills at ecklers is as follows
http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...dept%5Fid=1633

hope this helps

Old 06-30-2002, 05:11 PM
mayberry
Safety Car

Default Re: Door sill wear (dmalhi1)

I guess I'll try the local upholstery shops before buying new sills. Although they will probably still be around $70 to do it. It shouldn't be too hard to reapply new carpet to the plastic sills. Maybe I'll try it myself first :yesnod: I wonder if black carpet reapplied there would clash bad with the dark saddle carpet everywhere else. :confused:
Old 06-30-2002, 05:27 PM
dmalhi1
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Door sill wear (mayberry)

hmm i don't think the black on the sills will go with the saddle of the rest of the interior. you're going to have to redo it in saddle for best results.

Get notified of new replies

To Door sill wear

Quick Reply: Door sill wear