Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

2013 Cruise to the Woods pics...

Old 10-06-2013, 07:50 PM
astepup
Melting Slicks

Received 1,792 Likes on 664 Posts

Default 2013 Cruise to the Woods pics...

Unfortunately I don't have as many as I wanted. It was overcast and chilly and as soon as the venue started filling up it began raining and I couldn't believe all these "car guys" taking off faster than rats leaving a sinking ship So by the time I got parked and my camera settings figured out here I was walking around under my umbrella trying to take pics of cars of interest. There were quite a few C4's and one very nice GS that I saw parked on the way to the show but I never saw it after that. Sorry for the poor picture quality and lack of content but I know few pics are better than no pics

A nice C4 that wasn't even melting

Gorgeous award winning 57 Chevy

Very clean example of a nice Cuda'

About two minutes after the rain started you can already see the empty spots in these two rows...

Wicked little 64 Falcon

Nice Challenger vert

Pair of tri-fives

1972 or 73 DeTamoso Pantera...VERY clean but I swear the seat's 6 inches lower than a C4's

Nice polo with my BAM in the background

Seven yr old restoration on this '72 Gran Torino...still looked great

C3 and a nice '65

I was a little disappointed that so many people/cars left when they did. I'm guessing the turnout was around 1200 or so...better luck next year

astepup said that
Old 10-06-2013, 10:44 PM
routeman007
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Couldn't help but notice all of the Great wax jobs on those Rides!" (smile) "Thanks for sharing."

Old 10-07-2013, 06:48 AM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 525 Likes on 475 Posts

Default Cruise

Nice pictures, more than 1 of those I wouldn't mind parking in my garage

Where did that happen at? Noticed most looked to have either Iowa or Minnesota plates on them. Former Iowan living in Minnesota now so I recognize a few of those Iowa plated.

Paul
Old 10-07-2013, 09:02 PM
astepup
Melting Slicks

Received 1,792 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by hcbph
Nice pictures, more than 1 of those I wouldn't mind parking in my garage

Where did that happen at? Noticed most looked to have either Iowa or Minnesota plates on them. Former Iowan living in Minnesota now so I recognize a few of those Iowa plated.

Paul
This was in Ft Dodge at the fairgrounds. It's called the Cruise to the Woods. This was the 30th anniversary for it. They have I believe nine "routes" that people start and others join in along the way and all meet in Stratford Iowa, about 20 miles southeast of Ft Dodge. They basically close off the entire main street and several side streets depending on the attendance and align the cars in the streets sometimes 3 abreast. Then at a given time a horn goes off and all the cars are ushered out and drive a very nice scenic and sometimes twisty road to and through Doliver state park. There you'll see about 150 to 200 cars parked with people watching the caravan. From there it's on to the fairgrounds for the car show. There are a few points along the way where some drivers are "encouraged" to perform a "performance trial" to see how quickly they can go from zero to.... 55 mph. As long as you don't speed over the posted limit the local authorities are fine with it. However if you DO get a little lead footed you will get pulled over. Ask the C3 owner I saw that pushed his luck Last year there were just over 1500 cars but with the weather this year I was still impressed with the attendance. It's hosted by the Webster County car club and when you pull into the show they take your picture and later post it on their website. They always have cars from Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, Missouri and Illinois with a few other states thrown in. The clubs website is www.wccruisers.com and you can find all the info

astepup said that

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 Cruise to the Woods pics...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Cruise to the Woods pics...