Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Seat Recline? Any Solutions or Aftermarket Seat That Do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 05:18 PM
jarnold
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Seat Recline? Any Solutions or Aftermarket Seat That Do?

I have a great opportunity to buy a very nice 92 with very low miles about 500 miles away. I drove another one locally, a 95, to test it with my wife whom would be riding with me on some long trips in it. She has back troubles and needs them to recline farther. The passenger side did not recline much at all. The Drive side did more so. The 92 looks to recline on both sides more so like the drivers side on the 95 from pics the seller sent me. The 92 has the optional 6 way seats and the 95 did not. I drove a C5 the other day and they do recline much farther.

Are there any mods or aftermarket seats for this fix?
Old 10-30-2013, 07:10 PM
92ragtop
Melting Slicks

Received 203 Likes on 117 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)
2015 C4 of Year Finalist

On the front side of the seat base there is a manual lever to adjust the recline angle. Pull it back back, and adjust seat back to suit. However, the owners manual does state that reclining the seat back (while in motion) can cause the seat belts not to work effectively. Have you tried tilting the whole seat assembly by using the switch on the console?
Old 10-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

just how far back do you need to recline? if you notice in all corvettes since 1953 there is a bulk head right behind the seats that goes half way up the seats. you can not make them recline like other passenger cars
Old 10-30-2013, 08:24 PM
C4.Ray
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My 93 C4 the seats are wonderful ... They can recline a little ... C4 seats feel great ... It feels like I'm sitting in my Bathtub!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:49 PM
Firemanray
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your wife has short legs the seat can be moved forward allowing for more reclining.

(Ref your PM earlier), Our problem was to much recline and no head support. My wife has neck problems from an accident years ago, she is more comfortable with a straighter back and a supportive head rest. We have resolved the issue with adjustment.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:21 AM
Klondike
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts

The passenger seat is tough on tall people. My Wife and my Son are both tall: 6' + ! While the seat will recline, when the track pushed back for leg room, there is no place for the back to go. It runs into the bulkhead at the cargo area. While I love the comfort of the driver seat and can drive for hours without any problem, I've switched off with my Son and wished there was more "relax room" on the passenger side to lay back more. My Son even has to take off his shoes so his feet will fit side by side in that tiny foot well over there! He doesn't think it's as funny as I do.
I helped drive a friends C5 from near Windsor Canada all the way to San Antonio and rested comfortably when on the passenger side. I guess they addressed that problem along with the foot well room.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Recline? Any Solutions or Aftermarket Seat That Do?

Quick Reply: Seat Recline? Any Solutions or Aftermarket Seat That Do?