Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

What mods did the actual 95 Pace Car have?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 11:39 AM
DustinR
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What mods did the actual 95 Pace Car have?

I know GM touted that the 1995 Pace Car did not need and modification to pace Indy (other than roll bar and light bar). However pictures I see of the actual PC (not replica) looks to have a much more aggressive-lower stance. I also heard rumors that the 98 PC had Borla exhaust even when it touted that it also needed-had no modification.

Find link to pictures of the 1 of 3 actual pace cars looking slightly lower.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...=514.2&aid=263

My question is does any Pace Car enthusiast know what-how if any modifications were made to the actual cars that paced Indy.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Smokeysvette
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

"PURCHASER UNDERSTANDS THAT NO CERTIFICATE OF TITLE WILL BE PROVIDED. SOLD ON BILL OF SALE ONLY".

My question would be ...Why this statment to why the car carries no title???? Bill of sale only???? I would think you would get at least an MSO
Old 05-16-2014, 12:33 PM
wydopnthrtl
Drifting

Received 290 Likes on 187 Posts

As an industry insider I can tell you that if a car (or multiple cars) were going to be the center of attention and have to perform for all to see.. the car would be very carefully looked over, tested, & tweaked by the experienced people in charge.

I have no doubt the 95 vette in stock form will perform to the 95 indy specs. But that doesn't mean the specific cars used wern't given special attention. Especially the body work and paint.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:31 PM
Bandit's C4
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Central PA Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Smokeysvette
"PURCHASER UNDERSTANDS THAT NO CERTIFICATE OF TITLE WILL BE PROVIDED. SOLD ON BILL OF SALE ONLY".

My question would be ...Why this statment to why the car carries no title???? Bill of sale only???? I would think you would get at least an MSO
Just a guess - Probably left the manufacturer originally with all pollution control devices removed... with a non-approved exhaust and/or tune.
[Would never see the street]

Last edited by Bandit's C4; 05-16-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To What mods did the actual 95 Pace Car have?

Quick Reply: What mods did the actual 95 Pace Car have?