Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

What's the best brand window tint?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 12:13 PM
GRNVNM93
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What's the best brand window tint?

I've got one place saying they can do my rear glass in 3 pieces and the whole car would be $135. And then i have this place saying they can do the whole rear glass in ONE piece and the whole car would be $106. Anyone have experience with one piece over three pieces? The place that can do one piece uses Llumar Magnum tint. Any opinions?

And what is a good shade of tint? Mine was pretty dark that i had on there previously, just don't know what % it was. I don't think legal will be dark enough. So what do most of you guys have on %-wise?

[Modified by GRNVNM93, 11:56 AM 8/7/2002]
Old 08-07-2002, 01:03 PM
Ruby6spd
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: What's the best brand window tint? (GRNVNM93)

3m hands down the best, alittle more expensive but it will never peel and never turn purple like the cheap brands. don't get anything less than one piece on the rear window,, you will see the seams on three and it won't look good..

I'm not sure I remember my % exactly but i think it was 10% on the rear and 25 or 30 on the sides which passed delaware visual inspection
Old 08-07-2002, 01:32 PM
EricJ
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Default Re: What's the best brand window tint? (GRNVNM93)

I would go with the Llumar and 1 peice on the rear window. I have had Llumar on all of my cars in the past and have never seen it fade or bubble and if it did any Llumar dealer will repair or replace it for free. Llumar is a top notch company that has a great dealer network and a top notch product that they stand behind.

BTW, I have 5% on the rear and 28% on the sides.

[Modified by EricJ, 12:41 PM 8/7/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To What's the best brand window tint?

Quick Reply: What's the best brand window tint?