C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

What weatherstripping is good?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 04:57 PM
Hairy W Bush
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What weatherstripping is good?

I used Metro on my 78 t/a and the driver side ttop seal was too damn long and didn't seal right towards the end of it because of it...soo my questions is are they ok for the Vettes?
I was looking to get the side roof seals and the back of the roof.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:15 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Well, I've used Corvette Rubber as they seem to have the rubber with the correct composition (like OEM). I will say too that I've had trouble at times getting hold of them - don't know if it is a side business or what. But, the RUBBER is top quality - making the effort to get hold of them worth giving them a try.

Hope it works out for ya!
Old 02-23-2015, 07:41 PM
astepup
Melting Slicks

Received 1,797 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by Hairy W Bush
I used Metro on my 78 t/a and the driver side ttop seal was too damn long and didn't seal right towards the end of it because of it...soo my questions is are they ok for the Vettes?
I was looking to get the side roof seals and the back of the roof.
I did this exact same thing last spring. Got a solid targa off a "popular auction site" that needed the WS on both sides and the halo/B-pillar was a bit questionable on the sides. Ordered from Wilcox and couldn't be happier with the fit and quality

astepup said that
Old 02-23-2015, 08:26 PM
Hairy W Bush
Instructor

Originally Posted by astepup
I did this exact same thing last spring. Got a solid targa off a "popular auction site" that needed the WS on both sides and the halo/B-pillar was a bit questionable on the sides. Ordered from Wilcox and couldn't be happier with the fit and quality

astepup said that
kinda got in a bind here and ended up buying fairchild off rockauto. the roof strip is half of wilcox (thanks for that), 1/3 of crc, and cheaper than metro. they had good reviews on the 3rdgen fbody forum so we'll see. I am going to get some of that napa silglide just in case of anything.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:09 PM
riggs 74
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

kinda got in a bind here and ended up buying fairchild off rockauto. the roof strip is half of wilcox (thanks for that), 1/3 of crc, and cheaper than metro. they had good reviews on the 3rdgen fbody forum so we'll see. I am going to get some of that napa silglide just in case of anything.
How did the Fairchild rubber fit?
I have a 95 convertible that needs the windshield roof rubber replaced and found Fairchild to be at a good price.

I checked for it on Wilcox's web site and could not find the part on their site.

I need to buy this rubber seal very soon.

Thank for your input.

Terry
Old 06-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Hairy W Bush
Instructor

it fit great. well worth the price. no leaks. I'd say the others aren't even worth it. the only issue was where the pin holds it to the body, that part is a little thin so it tore.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:33 PM
riggs 74
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

it fit great. well worth the price. no leaks. I'd say the others aren't even worth it. the only issue was where the pin holds it to the body, that part is a little thin so it tore.

Thanks, I appreciate the feed back.

Terry
Old 06-08-2015, 07:25 AM
kenmohr
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 122 Posts

purchased a hatch seal from http://www.steelerubber.com/ and it was the only one of 4 that did fit properly.

Get notified of new replies

To What weatherstripping is good?

Quick Reply: What weatherstripping is good?