C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

1984 Corvette Brochure Will Throw You Awesomely Back

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 01:12 PM
C Moe
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 1984 Corvette Brochure Will Throw You Awesomely Back

For this week’s blast from the past, let's hearken back to the original 58-page brochure for the 1984 Corvette.

Read the rest on the SITE homepage. >>
Old 04-02-2015, 01:34 PM
MaxDaemon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

From the comments section (this is a tiny slice of what "Matt" had to say:

++ Sorry to p**s in C4 enthusiasts Corn Flakes but that’s the way it really was back on the streets in the early 80s. Unless you’re tool box has a magic wand in it or you can reverse engineer a BBQ into a nuclear power plant stay away from C4s and to maintain a semblance of dignity don’t allow yourself to be photographed within a city block of one. Take your hard earned cash and go find a 85 (last year of Hollley 4 BBL, first year of factory headers and roller cam) Mustang 5.0 with low miles and high options that hasn’t been beaten and modified to death by some teen troglodyte owners. ++

Wow. And I was enjoying my corn flakes...
Old 04-02-2015, 06:11 PM
DinoBob
Melting Slicks

Received 365 Likes on 206 Posts

Mustang......yawn....
Old 04-02-2015, 06:39 PM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

What mustang took on Ferraris, Porsches, Lamborghinis and won again? Oh right.

Whatever dumbass wrote that comment should give up his license because they're too stupid to be able to drive.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:23 PM
1984Z51auto
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Default FOX-ie

I've owned two Fox-Body Mustangs and then two C4 Corvettes. The C4s are far more enjoyable to drive. Isn't that what sports and "sporty" cars are about?
Old 04-03-2015, 03:30 PM
dukeofny808
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first car was a boss 302 1977 ghia edition mustang II. I love mustangs. You have to, to have owned a mustang II. But saying a fox body is better than a c4 is ridiculous. I've driven every body style of mustang, and only recently has handling become important. The c4 can out handle many many cars of today. That says wonders. Can't say I have seen too many fox body's on anything more than a drag strip. But any straight axle v8 is easier to mod. Still not a sports car. The c4 is and was a game changer in the racing world.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:06 PM
kg4fku
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by dukeofny808
My first car was a boss 302 1977 ghia edition mustang II. I love mustangs. You have to, to have owned a mustang II. But saying a fox body is better than a c4 is ridiculous. I've driven every body style of mustang, and only recently has handling become important. The c4 can out handle many many cars of today. That says wonders. Can't say I have seen too many fox body's on anything more than a drag strip. But any straight axle v8 is easier to mod. Still not a sports car. The c4 is and was a game changer in the racing world.
Having owned a 91 fox body 5.0 and a SN95 GT 4.6, I can only agree that the Mustang (up until 2012) is no comparison to any corvette as far as handling and braking is concerned. Both of those Mustangs were fairly fast in a strait line (for 220 HP) but if there was a turn in the way..... Hold ON!!! 'Cause the ride just got interesting. Oh, and forget about stopping. The factory brakes were just for looks.

The Fox/SN95 Mustang is/was a low budget hot rod that looked good and took to bolt on mods very well. It is a factory builders car.

Not saying the Corvette can't be improved upon by the back yard shady tree mechanic. I am just saying the Corvette was more refined from the factory to begin with.

Oh well.. where's the feed the troll emoticon?
Old 04-04-2015, 02:57 PM
jrwood
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 35 Posts

My first ride was a 1984 Corvette and lets just say I hurt a lot of Mustang Feelings back then and all the way into the 90's. Still have the Cross-fire beast but its running a tad better now.

LINK TO 11 SECOND CROSS FIRE: http://www.superchevy.com/features/0...hevy-corvette/

Get notified of new replies

To 1984 Corvette Brochure Will Throw You Awesomely Back

Quick Reply: 1984 Corvette Brochure Will Throw You Awesomely Back