C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Headlights Are All Mixed Up

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 09:15 PM
csbrown0020
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights Are All Mixed Up

Hello, I am a brand new member so I apologies if I am not posting in the correct spot. Anyway I recently bought a really rough looking 84 C4, it runs great but it's as ugly as sin. The driver's side headlight wouldn't flip due to a broken metal piece that connects the headlight motor to the actual headlight. I removed the entire headlight assembly, removed the motor and motor mount, installed the new motor mount, and reattached everything to the hood. Please bare in mind that I am a complete novice, only got interested in repairing and restoring cars recently. So now both lights flip, BUT when they flip open the headlight turns OFF. When I turn the headlight switch off, the lights flip back inward and then turn ON. So obviously something is mixed up somewhere, although I have no idea where. The most obnoxious part of the entire thing is that the flipping action and headlight on the passenger side worked perfectly before I started trying to repair the driver's side assembly, and now the flipping action and the illumination of the headlight are reversed. I have no idea whats going on. Help?

Quick Reply: Headlights Are All Mixed Up