C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Lamest tickets you've ever received?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 10:30 AM
TimC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 3-4-6-8-9 Veteran

Default Lamest tickets you've ever received?

Reason I ask is I got pulled over this morning. First time in ages :lol:.

I was coming down this 2-lane road I take everyday that connects to I-295. A Sherriff (we don't have police in my County) was parked to the side of the road next to an Elementary School. I looked down and was doing exactly the 45 MPH posted speed limit.

He eased onto the road behind me. I think he was just finishing up a stop and probably doing paperwork. He followed me about a half a mile before coming up uncomfortably close. I don't get nervous when the police are behind me, but I noticed he was too close and thought "I'll bet he pulls me." I got to thinking if they were testing the flashing 25 MPH school zone and I just failed to notice first thing in the morning. Uh-oh, that'd be 20 MPH over...not good.

Here comes the lights. I pull over.

So he walks up to the car and says "Good Morning". I reply "Good Morning". I didn't want to ask "Is there a problem" or "Why did you pull me?" or anything to make it a confrontation. I figured being quiet and letting him talk, it would lead to a conversation instead of a confrontation.

He said my license plate tags had expired :(. I told him I *think* I paid it to DMV online or through the automated phone using my credit card last month and had never received the tags. He told me if I had paid, he'd let me off. He went back to his car and thankfully I had paid. F'n DMV :mad.

I gotta run by there at lunch and pay the $2.00 replacement fee. They should pay me $2.00 for having to deal with this. I hate DMV. He said a state trooper would probably ticket me even if I'd paid and it's a $60.00 fine :eek:.

Had to chuckle with all our "spirited" drives that I get pulled for something lame like expired registration. :smash:
Old 08-27-2002, 10:39 AM
DarkHalo
Safety Car

Location: SCMR Rat Pack'r Charter Member, Inland Empire Chapter
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Lamest tickets you've ever received? (TimC)

Had the exact same thing happen about a year ago in my company car except I got a ticket. Theyre always late with the tags. This year I told them I was parking it if they didnt get their act together and was gonna use the vette for work. They hate paying a car allowance so they got them to me only a week late instead of 3 months late like last year.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:42 AM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I got a citation for "accelerating at a high rate of speed" I didn't spin my tires, I didn't exceed the speed limit, I just accelerated too quickly. wth?

I've never seen an acceleration limit sign.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:50 AM
The Rex
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate the "I noticed you don't have a front licence plate". I have a front plate. It says Corvette. :rolleyes:
Old 08-27-2002, 10:52 AM
DarkHalo
Safety Car

Location: SCMR Rat Pack'r Charter Member, Inland Empire Chapter
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Lamest tickets you've ever received? (Nathan Plemons)

I got a citation for "accelerating at a high rate of speed" I didn't spin my tires, I didn't exceed the speed limit, I just accelerated too quickly. wth?
I've never seen an acceleration limit sign.
and here I always thought as long as the tires didnt spin it didnt matter how fast you got to the speed limit. Thats why I love freeway onramps as its one of the few places Im able to really romp on it for a bit. And talk about turning heads when you blast past the people getting on the freeway at their usual 35 mph....I LOVE it :lol:
Old 08-27-2002, 10:57 AM
aj1988
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just paid a ticket for failue to use a turn signal. I was coming onto the freeway and there was a horse trailer going about 50. I glanced in the side mirror and there was no traffic in the next lane so I just darted around. Then I got this great light show in my mirror. It's bad enough to have to sit on the side of the road with everyone that drives by thinking you are getting a ticket for speeding, but the indignity of not using a turn signal - :U
Old 08-27-2002, 11:12 AM
The Rex
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Lamest tickets you've ever received? (aj1988)

Some of them use any excuse they can to pull you over just because you're in a Vette. Car envy. :lol:
Old 08-27-2002, 12:23 PM
Bones LT1
Pro

The lamest ticket, exhaust bolt to low to the ground. Minimum clearance is 6". The bolt was a 1/2 inch to long. The CHP are real sticklers for the VC code?
2nd lamest ticket, I clear coated a license plate, the ticket "altered license plate". Again CHP.
3rd lamest commerical vehicle, the guy who put the plate on with the tag put it on the front of the truck instead of the rear. Again CHP.
4th lamest, loud exhaust, Harley Davidson, no mufflers, straight thru pipes,
CHP, LAPD, SJPD.
5th lamest ticket a ticket for "driving like that"? LAPD.
6th expired tags, Harley Davidson 5 years out of date. LAPD.
Then theres the tail lite, too small of a tail lite, wrong side of the bike tail lite, blinking tail lite. "Kid I noticed when you when by at 55 mph that your tail lite was blinking".

I've had fix it tickets for everything. No movers for 15 years, last ticket "No front plate", last year again CHP.
"Cops do more than just write tickets" according to the official CHP rag,
APB. If it wasn't for the kid being one of them and lame tickets, I would never have gotten to meet the "Brave men and women of law enforcement".
Maybe I'm just an outlaw at heart, or really lazy?
Old 08-27-2002, 12:43 PM
Casper
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Lamest tickets you've ever received? (Bones LT1)

Got a ticket for doing 35 in a 35. I won't even try to explain but I took it to court and won!
Old 08-27-2002, 12:45 PM
TripleBlackC4
3rd Gear

#1. Blocking traffic - in my 65 Stingray backing out of a parking space in an alley.

#2. Excessive noise - taking off from a stop sign; hit some gravel and the tires squealed (just a little).

#3. Driving thru drive-in without proper purpose - what a hoot! :reddevil
Old 08-27-2002, 12:47 PM
Caboboy
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22
'23-'24

i haven't gotten one in almost 40 years....... aw geeze i probably shouldn't have said that, now watch what happens :eek: .

i got pulled over once about 20 years ago for 45 or 50 in a 35 zone though. when the officer walked up i said "speeding?" he nodded and i said "i didn't realize it til you lit me up, ......sorry". he just said to keep it down and he let me slide. woulda been a fair ticket if he'd have written it.

i've had this vette for around 10 years and i darn sure hit it once in awhile, (hit it good too) but i guess i'm lucky...... that, and i pick and choose my spots now that i'm older.

when i first got my license though, i got 20 tickets in my first 2 years and spent more time on the beach than i did driving :lol:. thank god i had to go in the service........ it cleaned me up.......... kinda like the betty ford clinic :blueangel:
Old 08-27-2002, 01:13 PM
rocketfinger
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Lamest tickets you've ever received? (Bones LT1)

5th lamest ticket a ticket for "driving like that"? LAPD.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I got pulled over for that too! The officer asked me why I was "driving like that." I told him I'd spent all winter in my 4x4, got in the car and "just went nuts". No ticket, but instructed by the officer, and I quote, "Don't go nuts."

Lamest ticket, presumably ran my 4X4 out of fuel on the interstate (gauge showing 1/8, later discovered overheating fuel pump) coasted to a stop on an off-ramp. When I get back with a can of fuel, there's a trooper and a flatbed. I had a total meltdown. Apparently 'emergency stopping only' does not include running out of fuel. I apologize for my outburst, saying I "just kinda flipped out". Ticketed for running out of fuel and instructed by trooper, and I quote, "Don't flip out."
Old 08-27-2002, 01:51 PM
84Coyote
Pro

See, these are the reasons I wanna be a cop. That way I can do all the stupid crap I want, and just flash my badge when I get pulled over. I'm sorry, but they suck. I got pulled over one night @ midnight going home. The cop took all the time in the world following me, trying to find a reason to pull me over. He pulled up next to me, saw I was young, saw the small leaf air freshener (that was obstructing my vision) and lit up the lights. He took 20 minutes to check me out, what an idiot. I swear, I hope all those tiny bopper girls with the lays, shells, beads, everything get pulled over like I did. And all I had was a leaf. So, no more leaves for me.
Old 08-27-2002, 01:54 PM
Ender85
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Lamest tickets you've ever received? (rocketfinger)

instructed by trooper, and I quote, "Don't flip out."
:lol: :lol:

I haven't been pulled over yet. But driving a 'vette, I'm sure its just a matter of time
Old 08-27-2002, 02:34 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 299 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

My 79 year old Mom got pulled over on her way to church one morning and given a ticket, in the church parking lot, for window tint too dark !...this was the only reason he pulled her over...result : $5 fine and $50 to re-tint the two front windows..BTW the windows were at 22% vs. the legal limit of 28%...oh yeah..she's had skin cancer 3 times...I went down to the police dept. and gave them a serious grouse...4 days later I was pulled over in her car and given a speeding ticket for 36 mph in a 30mph zone and they re-checked the tint but I already had it legalized... :boxing
Old 08-27-2002, 02:40 PM
stillthere
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Lamest tickets you've ever received? (golfboy1)

75 in a 15 at a closed park.
Old 08-27-2002, 02:48 PM
KouKou
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Lamest tickets you've ever received? (golfboy1)

My friend had a lifted jeep and got a ticket for his mudders (tires) sticking out 1.25" past the fenders.

Following too close while stopped at a red light. (NOT MOVING)

While I was a passenger in my friends car, we got hit by another car that was changing lanes. Turns out he was a security guard and knew the cop, so my friend got a careless driving ticket :mad

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Get notified of new replies

To Lamest tickets you've ever received?

Old 08-27-2002, 03:06 PM
HG
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In Maryland, you need to display two tags. On Father's day, with my son in the car, a State Police gave me a ticket for no front tag. I had the tag and asked if I could put it on, he said no. After writing the ticket, he had the BA**s to say Happy Fathers Day. :mad :U
Old 08-27-2002, 03:37 PM
Steel Blue 91
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one was some years ago. Was on my way to an NJ Air Guard meeting on a Saturday morning. Jeep CJ7 and NJ back roads. Was doing some low level flying (75 in a 55) when I saw a NJ Trooper coming at me over a rise. Too late to slow down to legal speed. As he passed, I saw he had his brake lights on so I pulled over to the side (knew he had me). Next thing I know, he is flying past me with lights going! He comes to a screeching halt, puts it in reverse and pulls in behind me. He asked me for all the paper work then said "why did you pull over so soon?". I told him that I knew he had me and was not trying to aviod a ticket. He thanked me for the honesty, told me to slow it down and to be on my way.
Old 08-27-2002, 03:56 PM
FASGLAS
Race Director

CI 4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Brentwood, TN last summer. "Leaking fluid on a public street." Was legally parked in front of a business while wife ran in on errand. Hot day, A/C on, condensate drip.

Cop told be to shut the car off next time or the ticket "wouldn't be pretty." I pointed out that his patrol car was doing the same thing. His response? "The police car is on OFFICIAL BUSINESS." $80 ticket for me. :eek: Judge dismissed the ticket, but the hassle factor... :mad :mad

Quick Reply: Lamest tickets you've ever received?