Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

I will be relocating to the Washington DC / Northern Virginia Area

C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

I will be relocating to the Washington DC / Northern Virginia Area

Old 04-17-2016, 01:01 AM
LovingMyC4
CF Member

Default I will be relocating to the Washington DC / Northern Virginia Area

I will be relocating to the Washington DC / Northern Virginia Area in the next several weeks (June) and I am looking for "Corvette Buddy's" in the area. Where are the Clubs, Hangouts, Fans / fanatics.. etc????

I am Christopher and this is my baby Lil' Red.. She is a 1987 C4 Z51 L98 5.7L Targa (with 3 Tops - Glass/Canvas/Hard) and a 4+3 Doug Nash Tranny. She has a In-Dash Motorized 7" Flip Out TFT-LCD Full Color Touchscreen with XM Satellite, HD/AM/FM, CD/DVD, Navigation, Backup Camera, Bluetooth and a lot of other digital goodies. She also has a Built-in Radar Detector - all on top of Nitto NT 555 Extreme ZR Tires on C5 Rims (w/Spacers). For her growl she has a Borla Exhaust system with Edelbrock High-Flow TPI Baseplate and SLP Performance High Flow TPI Intake Runners....

____

Old 04-17-2016, 07:20 AM
Paul Workman
CF Senior Member

You might want to touch base with the WAZOO "club"; primarily a ZR-1 enthusiasts group, but also there are some GS folks there too; non-exclusive by any means!

Jim Voter is prolly the one to touch bases with. Jim often holds sessions at his house on several weekends a month where guys bring their cars over and they have a "show and tell" while they do just about any kind of repair/mods one can do, short of major machining.

I'd suggest you post this over on the ZR-1 Net Registry site and someone there will be happy to introduce you, once you get into the area. Great bunch of guys that enjoy gathering and talking Corvettes and working on them!

You've got a very nice C4, BTW!
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Workman For This Useful Post:
LovingMyC4 (04-17-2016)
Old 04-17-2016, 10:18 AM
LovingMyC4
CF Member

Thank you Paul!!
Old 04-17-2016, 10:35 AM
auggy
CF Senior Member

Default Corvette

Originally Posted by LovingMyC4 View Post
I will be relocating to the Washington DC / Northern Virginia Area in the next several weeks (June) and I am looking for "Corvette Buddy's" in the area. Where are the Clubs, Hangouts, Fans / fanatics.. etc????

I am Christopher and this is my baby Lil' Red.. She is a 1987 C4 Z51 L98 5.7L Targa (with 3 Tops - Glass/Canvas/Hard) and a 4+3 Doug Nash Tranny. She has a In-Dash Motorized 7" Flip Out TFT-LCD Full Color Touchscreen with XM Satellite, HD/AM/FM, CD/DVD, Navigation, Backup Camera, Bluetooth and a lot of other digital goodies. She also has a Built-in Radar Detector - all on top of Nitto NT 555 Extreme ZR Tires on C5 Rims (w/Spacers). For her growl she has a Borla Exhaust system with Edelbrock High-Flow TPI Baseplate and SLP Performance High Flow TPI Intake Runners....

____

Try Corvettes in Carlisle usually in August, Corvette weekend in OC MD. in mid October, Saturdays 8-10am Hunt Valley Mall when good weather. Cruzin weekend in OC MD. is packed with everything and I think their are 2 over the season. Some Walmart Parking lots fill up with everything Sat. afternoons into dusk, very informal.
The Following User Says Thank You to auggy For This Useful Post:
LovingMyC4 (04-23-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 05:15 PM
Kevova
CF Senior Member

FYI Virginia has State Inspection including emissions for regular licence plated vehicles. Antiques are exempt. So if you are registering in Va investigate you options.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevova For This Useful Post:
LovingMyC4 (04-23-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 07:00 PM
Jagdpanzer
CF Senior Member

Welcome to Nothern Virginia
Fine looking 87 you have.
A lot of us gear heads meet up early Saturday mornings at Katie's Coffee House in Great Falls, Va. http://katiescarsandcoffee.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to Jagdpanzer For This Useful Post:
LovingMyC4 (04-23-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 09:06 PM
arturox2
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Beautiful car! Welcome--a lot going on in this area!!

This link will provide some additional useful information:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...16-events.html
The Following User Says Thank You to arturox2 For This Useful Post:
LovingMyC4 (04-23-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 08:41 AM
scrappy76
CF Senior Member

Welcome to the Jungle, oops I mean Virginia. lol.

As stated lots going on and a couple clubs in the area to join. Great area great people.
I do not belong to a club myself, but a get together if your in my area is cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to scrappy76 For This Useful Post:
LovingMyC4 (04-23-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 09:19 AM
LovingMyC4
CF Member

Originally Posted by Kevova View Post
FYI Virginia has State Inspection including emissions for regular licence plated vehicles. Antiques are exempt. So if you are registering in Va investigate you options.
Emissions, I should not have to worry about, we kept the Cats. But thanks for the information. I will check into Antique Plates. I have put less than 1,000 miles on her in the past year, and less than 5,000 a year since she was new, so limited driving (Antique Plates) would be great :-)
Old 04-24-2016, 01:59 AM
corvetteronw
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

No longer in the area but a great place to visit is Ft Leslie J McNair in DC on the Potomac. I was stationed there in 1967-68 as a young soldier assigned to the Old Guard Infantry.
This is the place where many of the conspirators who planned the assassination of President Lincoln were hung. Myself and several other military personnel lived in the barracks there that used to be the horse stables in the 19th century.
I had a black 65 Corvette convertible with a white interior at the time.

The Following User Says Thank You to corvetteronw For This Useful Post:
LovingMyC4 (04-24-2016)
Old 04-24-2016, 12:04 PM
RandomTask
CF Senior Member

Welcome! Lots of good vette clubs here. I unfortunately haven't had the time to keep up :/ .

Where about's you moving to/commuting? Might be able to give ya some pointers

Oh, and mine:

The Following User Says Thank You to RandomTask For This Useful Post:
LovingMyC4 (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 01:25 AM
LovingMyC4
CF Member

The pollen is terrible right now.... She needs a bath.... She is having a breath of fresh air, on this (finally) sunny Sunday - this is the first time this year I have removed her Targa. She has not been on the road yet this year. I am letting her breathe in some more of that country air, before she moves to Northern Virginia at the end of next month. I just don't want her to think I forgot about her.

__

Last edited by LovingMyC4; 04-25-2016 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:46 PM
LovingMyC4
CF Member

The final countdown has started. The boxes are being packed and starting to stack up. The closer the date comes, the more I look forward to moving to the DC Area.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I will be relocating to the Washington DC / Northern Virginia Area

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: