C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Flex plate on 87 -C4 with R7004 trans

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 01:31 AM
Ol Vette
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Flex plate on 87 -C4 with R7004 trans

How many teeth are on a 87 flex plate? Is the block (stock) drilled for both bolt patterns, in line and staggered? I have a nippendenso mini starter with staggered bolt pattern for a 168 tooth flex plate, and want to use it. The OEM starter is so close to my long tube headers, and I have this denso one sitting in my shop and would like to use it.....hope someone can help me with some info....thx...Ol vette
Old 07-21-2016, 05:17 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by Ol Vette
How many teeth are on a 87 flex plate? Is the block (stock) drilled for both bolt patterns, in line and staggered? I have a nippendenso mini starter with staggered bolt pattern for a 168 tooth flex plate, and want to use it. The OEM starter is so close to my long tube headers, and I have this denso one sitting in my shop and would like to use it.....hope someone can help me with some info....thx...Ol vette
Your '87 is 153 tooth. What brand is the mini? If a quality piece you just maybe buy a correct drive end/solenoid housing. Branding will be important likely to accomplish the drive end swap. Is your starter maybe a later compact PMGR and NOT a 'denso brand and your just using 'denso as a description of the mini?

Is there a label of any sort on the starter?

Last edited by WVZR-1; 07-21-2016 at 06:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Flex plate on 87 -C4 with R7004 trans