C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

no cruise-no tach-no wipers,well sortoff

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 09:11 AM
roadking1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no cruise-no tach-no wipers,well sortoff

My cruise don't work ,never did, but now my tachometer works some times and my wipers work when they want to. I am thinking I have a ground issue and I have the FSM . Am I missing a ground somewhere that would cause these issues or ??? My cruise control switch is loose so I am thing of replacing it and wondered if these issues are related ,to this multi switch,any thoughts .Also I just had about enough of the ABS and thinking about by passing it.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:17 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking1
My cruise don't work ,never did, but now my tachometer works some times and my wipers work when they want to. I am thinking I have a ground issue and I have the FSM . Am I missing a ground somewhere that would cause these issues or ??? My cruise control switch is loose so I am thing of replacing it and wondered if these issues are related ,to this multi switch,any thoughts .Also I just had about enough of the ABS and thinking about by passing it.
Might be interesting to know the year of the car.

Related? Very unlikely that all are BUT I'm just guessing 'cause I've no idea of the year.

Pick the most aggravating issue you have and set about the repair/fix of it. IF either/any other issues are related it would be thought likely corrected as well as the fault you started to chase. Don't chase multiple issues at once, one at a time making notes as to what you've done.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:40 PM
roadking1
Advanced

Its a 1990 coupe auto trans,[thought it would show up on the bottom of thread].I picked this car up not running and thought it would make a good donor car for a project that I am working on. But after crawling under and looking it over I decided to get it running and flip it ,that was a year or so and $4500.00 ago. Its not my first Vet but it is the first one that I have had the most /parts installed/repeat issues/ stuff not working/and general overall problem issues. But its a straight car and runs [now] pretty good.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:46 PM
roadking1
Advanced

This is one of the pictures of the car when I picked it up .Couldn't get the hood up, start it or get the doors open so I dragged it on the trailer

Get notified of new replies

To no cruise-no tach-no wipers,well sortoff

Quick Reply: no cruise-no tach-no wipers,well sortoff