Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

DMITTZ Corvette build Vol.2

Old 08-16-2018, 03:15 PM
MikeP84
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

glad to hear that its all done! Great build quality and great thread! Enjoy your work!
Old 08-16-2018, 09:03 PM
DMITTZ
CF Senior Member

Received 173 Likes on 164 Posts

Thanks micheal it is nice to get it all finished. Also I wanted to publically thank you for all the help you gave me with the tuning problems I was having that was, a really big help and very kind of you.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:15 PM
MikeP84
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Thank you! I appreciate it! Hopefully my input has helped! Look forward to seeing more threads from you!
Old 05-12-2019, 11:56 PM
DMITTZ
CF Senior Member

Hey guys, just thought I'd give everyone a long term update on what's happening with the Corvette.

I was able to do a little work on the tune over the winter and got the idle improved a bit. In fact it is running well enough that I drove the car as my daily driver from march until now while I waited for some parts for my cadillac.

I could proabbly tinker with the tune forever to get it perfect but it runs pretty good as is for now.

The plan is to enjoy the car and put some miles on it this summer, then I'm going to change things up again this fall... I've currently got these sitting on my workshop:

Stay tuned for another build thread sometime this winter or next year.

-DMITTZ
Old 05-13-2019, 03:34 AM
FelixP
CF Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Glad to hear it's going well. Always good to read an update, I really enjoyed following this thread, lots of inspiration!
Old 05-13-2019, 10:51 PM
Mike Holmen
CF Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Sweet looks like a killer combo set-up. You going to stroke the LS2? Boost?
Old 05-14-2019, 12:12 AM
VikingTrad3r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 405 Likes on 373 Posts

Mittz. Obvious question, what the heck are u going tondo with the super ram L98 you did such a great job on?
Old 05-14-2019, 12:35 AM
DMITTZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by FelixP View Post
Glad to hear it's going well. Always good to read an update, I really enjoyed following this thread, lots of inspiration!
Thanks Felix, glad you enjoyed the thread!

All the best
Old 05-14-2019, 12:40 AM
DMITTZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen View Post
Sweet looks like a killer combo set-up. You going to stroke the LS2? Boost?
There are so many possibilities and so much potential with the LS platform its hard to decide.

However, my LS2 is super low miles (18,000km) and really clean so, my current thinking is to help keep the cost reasonable, just do a few mild upgrades to get it in the 450 chp range and get the car all sorted out then build it up at some future point if I need more hp. But to be honest nothing is written in stone at this point and I may still change my mind.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:47 AM
DMITTZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r View Post
Mittz. Obvious question, what the heck are u going tondo with the super ram L98 you did such a great job on?
Thanks VT.

Hmmm that is a little up in the air. The 355ci L98 engine only has about 5,000km on it. My plan at the moment is to covert the L98 to a carb and put it in a 1983 trans am project I've been meaning to get started on which should be fun since its a great engine.

As far as the super ram itself goes, I'm not sure... I do really like looking at it so I Might just hang it up in my shop and smile at it (which seems like a bit of a waste) or I guess I might sell it (after the LS swap is done).
Old 05-14-2019, 10:30 PM
Mike Holmen
CF Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DMITTZ View Post
There are so many possibilities and so much potential with the LS platform its hard to decide.

However, my LS2 is super low miles (18,000km) and really clean so, my current thinking is to help keep the cost reasonable, just do a few mild upgrades to get it in the 450 chp range and get the car all sorted out then build it up at some future point if I need more hp. But to be honest nothing is written in stone at this point and I may still change my mind.
I think you probably could get to around 420-450 rwhp with the right engine mods (cam and cnc'd heads) and be very streetable. Running the T-56 and your 3.07 gears would be one fun car. Its probably going to surprise you how much more power you can drive daily. My LQ9 700r trans and 2.73 in my car I grab 4-8 feet of rubber of the lights when I floor it now. You set-up would be like crazy fast. Will be one heck of a build. Boost would add that damn scary fast fun factor to the car, if you needed to be scared every time you drive.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:38 PM
DMITTZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen View Post
I think you probably could get to around 420-450 rwhp with the right engine mods (cam and cnc'd heads) and be very streetable. Running the T-56 and your 3.07 gears would be one fun car. Its probably going to surprise you how much more power you can drive daily. My LQ9 700r trans and 2.73 in my car I grab 4-8 feet of rubber of the lights when I floor it now. You set-up would be like crazy fast. Will be one heck of a build. Boost would add that damn scary fast fun factor to the car, if you needed to be scared every time you drive.
Thanks Mike I'm really looking forward to the swap, i love seeing LS swapped C4's like yours.

I'm actually only looking to make 450 flywheel hp, so 390-400rwhp. I already have a tony mamo ported Fast 90 intake, the plan right now is to add headers and a mild cam, nothing to crazy. As far as the rear goes I'm definietly going to do 3.73 or 4.10 rear gears. Should give it lots of low end grunt and make stop and go driving easier with a low first gear. Going to get the T56 built to take 600hp also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DMITTZ Corvette build Vol.2

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: