Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

My experience purchasing my first Corvette - Plus tips for purchasing

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 09:33 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,932 Posts

My C4 is for sale. Everything I own is for sale. You just have to be able to come up with the right numbers. As to my soul, I think that we done sold a long time ago
Old 02-15-2017, 10:45 AM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by haxxx
This is correct. I actually thought mine was broken when I switched modes. For some reason the drivers door motor makes a noise like it's dying but ultimately does nothing. I switched back to PKE. I have no idea why the manual mode wouldn't open the driver door. Oh well, it still does burnouts.
As I said, the modes are Auto and off, there is no manual mode. The reason the door button unlocks the pass. door is in case you have the system "ON" but want to unlock the pass. door as well as the drivers door (let's say you have the system set to automatically open only the drivers door, but once in a while the wife rides with you; you can use the door button to unlock her door). It was never intended to be used when the system is "OFF".
Old 02-16-2017, 11:37 AM
MrJoelieC
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

This is Fantastic as I am in the process of looking! Thank you for this!
Old 02-17-2017, 09:20 AM
haxxx
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MrJoelieC
This is Fantastic as I am in the process of looking! Thank you for this!
You're welcome. Next few months you should really start to see a lot of postings for C4s for the spring and summer. There are a lot for sale so take your time. Good luck!
Old 02-17-2017, 12:40 PM
daverulz
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by markKlein
As I said, the modes are Auto and off, there is no manual mode. The reason the door button unlocks the pass. door is in case you have the system "ON" but want to unlock the pass. door as well as the drivers door (let's say you have the system set to automatically open only the drivers door, but once in a while the wife rides with you; you can use the door button to unlock her door). It was never intended to be used when the system is "OFF".
Yup, like I said it's been a while since I've used the system and obviously I forgot some details. I found the manual pages that describe it.

The following users liked this post:
haxxx (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 12:57 PM
haxxx
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by daverulz
Yup, like I said it's been a while since I've used the system and obviously I forgot some details. I found the manual pages that describe it.
These manual pages must be how it works for my 96. I found this page for PKE modes but it did not work:

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/add...-entry-system/

It says to use the door lock switch instead of the one on the remote.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:52 AM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by haxxx
These manual pages must be how it works for my 96. I found this page for PKE modes but it did not work:

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/add...-entry-system/

It says to use the door lock switch instead of the one on the remote.
Yes, those instructions are incorrect. You cannot use the door button to unlock the (drivers) door. The instructions in your owners manual are correct.

Quick Reply: My experience purchasing my first Corvette - Plus tips for purchasing