C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

What search Terms to find cars like this

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 11:10 PM
koritz123
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What search Terms to find cars like this

On the forum. I have only 10,000 to spend so far. This one is 14,500 on eBay. I want one like this!
http://m.ebay.com/itm/1994-Chevrolet...ATCHING_ACTIVE
1994 Chevrolet Corvette LT-1

FORGET THE ABOVE TOO EXPENSIVE. I LIKE THIS ONE ON THE FORUM:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...oupe-6spd.html
Only 2 Owners and 42,870 miles!
This is an exceptional vehicle that has had one professional repaint of the original Arctic White color in the last ten years. I have owned the car since 2010 and have performed extensive modifications to make the car better than new. The interior was gutted and new sound deadening material and insulation was installed throughout, new ACC carpeting was installed, new Al Knoch leather seats and foam are installed, new console pad installed and a new Alpine AM/FM, CD, Bluetooth, USB stereo system with four new speakers installed. The exterior received new LED taillights, LED headlights and LED fog lights for improved nighttime visibility. The headlight motors have been rebuilt with new gears, also. New chrome ZR-1 wheels and Firestone Firehawk tires are installed with new Bilstein shock absorbers at all four corners. The body underside has been thoroughly cleaned and was strengthened with perimeter adjustable stiffening bars bolted to the frame under the doors to eliminate body flex when the roof is removed. New 3M rubberized undercoating was also applied to the underbody. A painted, removable top is installed and a new tinted factory plexiglass top and cover is included, also. A “Big Mouth” air dam is installed on the front of the car to improve cooling to the radiator. A new stainless steel Corsa exhaust system, new catalytic convertors and three new O2 sensors are installed. The engine has been upgraded with a new MSD Optispark distributor, new high quality water pump and a new Bailey Engineering LTCC one coil/spark plug ignition setup. It works flawlessly with improved throttle response and should provide great reliability. A new aluminum 3-row DeWitts radiator and new factory fans with an installed override switch keeps everything cool in the hottest of summers. The air conditioning system components (compressor, accumulator, condenser and hoses) are all new along with a new heater blower motor. The alternator is also new. The air conditioning and heating system system works very well. There are many other new parts, but the list is WAY too long to show here. A copy of parts replaced and work performed is available upon request. Additional photos showing the work in progress to upgrade the car are available.
The car has a clean, clear title. The car has passed state inspections flawlessly with barely detectable emissions. In the time I have owned the car (7 years) it has been garage kept and never driven in the rain. To my knowledge the car has never been involved in a wreck. It is ready to drive anywhere.

Last edited by koritz123; 03-06-2017 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Add link
Old 03-05-2017, 09:33 AM
CREWZIN
Melting Slicks

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Why not go to www.autotrader.com and fill out the type and specs of the car your looking for? You can pick a range of prices and miles.
The following users liked this post:
koritz123 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 10:54 AM
belairbrian
Melting Slicks

Received 358 Likes on 290 Posts

I don't think any website search engine is going to allow entry of a search string that would identify every option you want.

You may find you can get three or four. After that it's going to take some reading.

As far as I know Dewitts doesn't make a 3-row radiator for corvettes.
Since th epaint job was 3 years before he purchased it the previous owner did it

My point being ask a lot of questions.
koritz123 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

You didn't give us a link to the add but I will say this:

It sounds like over the years he has replaced the interior with new leather. (the vendor he indicates that he used for the seats is a good one).

He has upgraded the exhaust with a stainless steel version that many people here like.

He has done a good deal of maintenance on the car and probably has receipts for a lot of what was done.

Yes, IMHO these are the things to look for in buying a used C4 but as has been pointed out to you .... no search engine is going to look for things like that. You need to invest the time reading through all of the adds looking for this sort of stuff.

This would probably a great car to go and test drive after you have ridden in a half dozen other C4's for comparison purposes.
koritz123 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 07:06 PM
koritz123
Racer

Originally Posted by belairbrian
I don't think any website search engine is going to allow entry of a search string that would identify every option you want.

You may find you can get three or four. After that it's going to take some reading.

As far as I know Dewitts doesn't make a 3-row radiator for corvettes.
Since th epaint job was 3 years before he purchased it the previous owner did it

My point being ask a lot of questions.

The eBayer appologized about the 3 row radiator, it's a 2 row.

Last edited by koritz123; 03-07-2017 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-06-2017, 07:08 PM
koritz123
Racer

Originally Posted by Mr. Peabody
You didn't give us a link to the add but I will say this:

It sounds like over the years he has replaced the interior with new leather. (the vendor he indicates that he used for the seats is a good one).

He has upgraded the exhaust with a stainless steel version that many people here like.

He has done a good deal of maintenance on the car and probably has receipts for a lot of what was done.

Yes, IMHO these are the things to look for in buying a used C4 but as has been pointed out to you .... no search engine is going to look for things like that. You need to invest the time reading through all of the adds looking for this sort of stuff.

This would probably a great car to go and test drive after you have ridden in a half dozen other C4's for comparison purposes.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1994-Chevrolet...ATCHING_ACTIVE

Last edited by koritz123; 03-07-2017 at 01:04 PM. Reason: To add info
Old 03-06-2017, 08:04 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

That looks like a pretty well kept car thats sorted out with some nice upgrades looks worth it to me.
Looks like the coil converison also?

Hes spent a few bucks on this one go check it out.
koritz123 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 08:06 PM
BrandensBeast
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
That looks like a pretty well kept car thats sorted out with some nice upgrades looks worth it to me.

Hes spent a few bucks on this one go check it out.
Agreed, looks like a really good deal.
koritz123 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 08:08 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,442 Likes on 2,801 Posts

Try something like "cars that if I was serious about buying a Corvette I'd be a fool to not buy". Might work.
koritz123 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 08:24 PM
drcook
Safety Car

Received 959 Likes on 734 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

On that car I would be questioning the application of undercoating. Maybe up here in the northeast if someone was going to drive a car in the winter, but why would someone do that in Texas ? Especially if it has not been driven in the rain ??

I might be jaded because of where I live, but there is only 2 reasons folks use undercoating up here.

1. to prevent rust on a vehicle that is driven in the weather and is intended to be kept a long time. we DO undercoat all our vehicles, there is no rust underneath my 04 2500HD pickup, but I quit driving it in the winter and have it touched up every year. I also scrape and kill any rust that has started

I killed the rust (there are chemical rust killers) and undercoated the frame of the 65 I had. I will paint the underneath of the 96 out in the garage, but it only has flecks here and there from being 20 years old and living in Ohio

2. to hide rust that is all ready there getting it ready for a sale. used car dealers do this or spray the frame and stuff with black paint to make them look better

Last edited by drcook; 03-06-2017 at 08:28 PM.
koritz123 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 09:36 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,442 Likes on 2,801 Posts

There are 2 other reasons undercoating is done.

1) The dealership sells you it like you're a sucker. My buddy here in NC did this, bought a fully loaded duramax ltz, got up sold on everything. He'd have probably given them his girl for the night if they had said he should. They sold him the undercoating using this next fact.

2) To quiet road noise. Undercoating adds weight, and can be fairly effective at reducing road noise.

I'd assume that it was done with the hopes of reducing road noise. Let's not forget the underside of the C4 is not metal, it's a composite with metal mesh inside it. It will not rust like an old metal floor car.
koritz123 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 11:03 PM
ghlkal
Safety Car

Received 491 Likes on 392 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by koritz123
This looks well taken care of ... the mileage wouldn't scare me if it's the one you want.
koritz123 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Mayor111
Melting Slicks

Received 1,954 Likes on 941 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
Try something like "cars that if I was serious about buying a Corvette I'd be a fool to not buy". Might work.
OMG - this made me laugh...

Im assuming your in Texas since that is where the car in the auction is from...
Old 03-07-2017, 10:51 AM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Based on the one shot of the front axel assembly, does not appear so to me (assuming you're talking about the white one).

Good looking car, will be interesting to see what it goes for.

Last edited by hcbph; 03-07-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by hcbph
Based on the one shot of the front axel assembly, does not appear so to me (assuming you're talking about the white one).

Good looking car, will be interesting to see what it goes for.
I don't think that he was referring to the suspension. He is referring to the fact that the ignition system has been modified to use an individual coil for each cylinder of the engine.

Get notified of new replies

To What search Terms to find cars like this

Quick Reply: What search Terms to find cars like this