C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Climate control unit

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 07:10 PM
buckridge
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate control unit

I have a 1990 corvette and the climate control unit is displaying - -- the blower is stuck on high and the buttons don't respond. I tried cleaning the contacts but it didn't change anything. Any idea what is wrong
Old 04-20-2017, 07:29 PM
4corvettes
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

There is a YouTube video that addresses that very problem for your car. Search for Climate control repair-C4 corvette. I need to do this to my 1993 coupe. Good luck! Seems pretty easy to do.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:32 PM
4corvettes
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I just reread your post and saw that you already cleaned the contacts. Maybe you can disconnect your battery for a few minutes and try resetting it that way.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:50 AM
grandspt
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by 4corvettes
I just reread your post and saw that you already cleaned the contacts. Maybe you can disconnect your battery for a few minutes and try resetting it that way.
You might try checking the blend door module located under the passenger side dash area. I disassembled mine and found the main nylon gear cracked. The gear is press fit on the metal shaft from the factory and over time it splits and causes the timing to go off. I repaired mine because I couldn't find a replacement that would fit my 1996.
You have already cleaned the contacts on your climate control switches so this is what I would look at next.
Good luck!
Old 04-21-2017, 11:21 AM
belairbrian
Melting Slicks

Received 358 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by grandspt
You might try checking the blend door module located under the passenger side dash area. I disassembled mine and found the main nylon gear cracked. The gear is press fit on the metal shaft from the factory and over time it splits and causes the timing to go off. I repaired mine because I couldn't find a replacement that would fit my 1996.
You have already cleaned the contacts on your climate control switches so this is what I would look at next.
Good luck!
If the OP has a 1990 his blend motor is on top of the heater core housing. PITA to get at. I think it was 94 when it moved to the bottom but I'm not positive. i do know my 92 is on top.

OP can you get the HVAC panel into diagnostic mode?

Get notified of new replies

To Climate control unit

Quick Reply: Climate control unit