C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

hatch vent, EZ vent or Indymotorworks

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 01:22 PM
81c3
Le Mans Master

Received 615 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by mark970
i'm pretty sure the one he is referring to was the photo of the junk cast-metal one that is prone to cracks and requires tools...you dont want that one

right? because no way is the Ez vent bad in any way fit-form-function
Oh, ok... thanks!
Old 07-19-2017, 02:08 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

i'm pretty sure the one he is referring to was the photo of the junk cast-metal one that is prone to cracks and requires tools...you dont want that one

right? because no way is the Ez vent bad in any way fit-form-function
The one I posted is not cast, take a close look it is steel and welded. I've had it over 15 years maybe the new ones are cast I don't know.
The following users liked this post:
C4Ruby666 (07-22-2017)
Old 07-19-2017, 02:18 PM
Cool Runnings
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by C4Ruby666
EZ Vent - Corvettegadgetman website - love to hear the great feedback as always. Yes - I am the Corvettegadgetman. I very seldom post messages but want to pass along a special thank you to the Corvette Forum folk. I refer people to the Forum regularly for advice.

The gadgets have been available on EBay for quite awhile. As of today, I have taken all gadgets off EBay and only offering them on website. It's time to reduce my little inventory and time to wind things down, .... maybe time to retire and enjoy the great Corvette events in Canada .... Save the Wave

Ordered today.
C4Ruby666 (07-22-2017)
Old 07-19-2017, 04:55 PM
73n95
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

EZ Vent from Gadgetman came in yesterday. Nice looking, well finished and it works great. TAkes about 30 seconds to install. Fits into a little bag that shuggles in the center console. Im a happy customer. I test drove with the vent installed. Windows up it runs air through the car and I can hear my exhaust. I love that! With the windows down there is some turbulence but not bad. No rumble resonance at all. I like the way it looks too.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:09 PM
81c3
Le Mans Master

Received 615 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by 73n95
EZ Vent from Gadgetman came in yesterday. Nice looking, well finished and it works great. TAkes about 30 seconds to install. Fits into a little bag that shuggles in the center console. Im a happy customer. I test drove with the vent installed. Windows up it runs air through the car and I can hear my exhaust. I love that! With the windows down there is some turbulence but not bad. No rumble resonance at all. I like the way it looks too.
Link to where you ordered please?
C4Ruby666 (07-22-2017)
Old 07-19-2017, 07:02 PM
car addict
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 176 Posts

http://www.corvettegadgetman.com/products.html
C4Ruby666 (07-22-2017)
Old 07-19-2017, 09:17 PM
mark970
Drifting

Received 273 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by We Gone
The one I posted is not cast, take a close look it is steel and welded. I've had it over 15 years maybe the new ones are cast I don't know.
sorry, not trying to be negative!
Old 07-19-2017, 11:35 PM
scotth48
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Ordered one from the corvettegadgetman today!
C4Ruby666 (07-22-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 05:56 PM
C4Ruby666
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Thanks Mark ...

i've owned 3 C4 coupes and every one of them has had a hatch vent...not only for inside temp but even more important was to cut down on the thumping you get when the windows are down. in my opinion, they are a must-have!
this is my current car with the Canadian EZ Vent
Thank you Mark970..... I was in a rush to post on CF as heading out of town and meant to thank you too. I didn't want anyone who ordered and received a gadget over EBAY to think CGM was 'gone'. You are correct in that the EZ Vent is steel and hook/clamp assembly. The best testimonials are from people like yourself who have used the product. EZ Vent continues to be very popular and it is now 17 years! Interesting that once I posted EZ Vent on EBAY about one year ago - for a little competition - the "other" similar but different products, reduced their price to consumer. Gotta love that We try to keep our prices reasonable as find some suppliers for Corvette items have outrageous prices plus shipping. Thank you again Mark

Last edited by C4Ruby666; 07-22-2017 at 06:05 PM. Reason: wording
Old 07-22-2017, 06:15 PM
C4Ruby666
Intermediate

Default Antenna noise - whistle

If you notice a whistle sound with roof off - it could very well be the vibration from the antenna. If you have a hatch vent (possibly an EZ Vent) in the rear hatch window, you may hear this too. It isn't loud but for some people they might have sensitive hearing. No problem. Simple way to test this - turn off your stereo to see if the sound disappears. If it is gone then problem solved. I suggest you turn up the stereo a bit louder, enjoy the tunes, and enjoy the sweet rumble from your exhaust pipes.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:27 PM
C4Ruby666
Intermediate

i posted a glowing review and even linked his website and he thanked somebody else who replied to my post...i'm confused!! haha
anyways doesnt matter its a GREAT product and i should buy another just to have on hand...since he may retire??? or i just make my own (since i work in a machine shop)
Thank you Mark970..... sorry about that - you can tell I do not go on this site often..... Yes winding down and using up inventory. I was in a rush to post on CF as heading out of town and meant to thank you too. I didn't want anyone who ordered and received a gadget over EBAY to think CGM was 'gone'. You are correct in that the EZ Vent is steel and hook/clamp assembly. The best testimonials are from people like yourself who have used the product. EZ Vent continues to be very popular and it is now 17 years! Interesting that once I posted EZ Vent on EBAY about one year ago - for a little competition - the "other" similar but different products, reduced their price to consumer. Gotta love that We try to keep our prices reasonable as find some suppliers for Corvette items have outrageous prices plus shipping. Thank you again Mark
Old 07-22-2017, 08:31 PM
mark970
Drifting

Received 273 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by C4Ruby666
Thank you Mark970..... sorry about that - you can tell I do not go on this site often..... Yes winding down and using up inventory. I was in a rush to post on CF as heading out of town and meant to thank you too. I didn't want anyone who ordered and received a gadget over EBAY to think CGM was 'gone'. You are correct in that the EZ Vent is steel and hook/clamp assembly. The best testimonials are from people like yourself who have used the product. EZ Vent continues to be very popular and it is now 17 years! Interesting that once I posted EZ Vent on EBAY about one year ago - for a little competition - the "other" similar but different products, reduced their price to consumer. Gotta love that We try to keep our prices reasonable as find some suppliers for Corvette items have outrageous prices plus shipping. Thank you again Mark
thats funny you say that because during this thread when i was putting my initial response together...it appeared to me that the prices on the others, especially that TERRIBLE 1-pc spring clip dropped about $20 in price.

its all good, your product is the best out there and you will be missed when you stop offering this product. they will show back up on ebay as "used" for twice the money when people upgrade from C4's to whatever they do next...that will be the biggest sign of a quality and desirable part and you should be quite proud of that
Old 07-23-2017, 12:38 AM
Silver96ce
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

Ordered the EZ-Vent on Wednesday and the jack adapter Saturday. They were on the "to buy" list but when CGman said he is looking to retire, well, it was time to buy. Looking forward to using them and happy retirement to you, CGman.

Last edited by Silver96ce; 07-23-2017 at 12:40 AM.

Quick Reply: hatch vent, EZ vent or Indymotorworks