C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Update to ZR1 or C6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 08:25 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
I don't know about quality from GM for a while. Wonder why they have an Obama appointed CEO?
Originally Posted by Renfield
By all means, go off topic with politics. When you have nothing of value to contribute, you can always stir a can of worms.

Cool Runnings was talking about
My 92 is loaded with all the options (no clear targa) and oozes quality to me
. My point is that there was so much quality that they screwed themselves over to the point the CEO was dumped and another one appointed by their creditor of last resort. So just for clarity for you, how much quality could there be from a company that was so screwed? It's NOT political. If you care to explain to me why you think GM had such high quality, I'd be interested to see your POV.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:45 AM
Renfield
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 170 Posts

Cool Runnings was talking about . My point is that there was so much quality that they screwed themselves over to the point the CEO was dumped and another one appointed by their creditor of last resort. So just for clarity for you, how much quality could there be from a company that was so screwed? It's NOT political. If you care to explain to me why you think GM had such high quality, I'd be interested to see your POV.
I would never say GM had or has "high quality". They have always focused on earnings for this quarter. That they went to the parts bin for the C5 is a typical bean-counter move. Quality? GM couldn't make a bulb socket that would outlast a bulb on my '96.

C4 interior is unique. But there's a world of difference between a unique interior and a quality one.

Was the faulty ignition lock debacle a quality issue or a money issue? Prior to Mary Barre becoming CEO, GM was all about market share. She is trying to change that, but last I read they were on their fourth V.P. of quality control in as many years.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:59 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Originally Posted by Renfield
I would never say GM had or has "high quality". They have always focused on earnings for this quarter. That they went to the parts bin for the C5 is a typical bean-counter move. Quality? GM couldn't make a bulb socket that would outlast a bulb on my '96.

C4 interior is unique. But there's a world of difference between a unique interior and a quality one.

Was the faulty ignition lock debacle a quality issue or a money issue? Prior to Mary Barre becoming CEO, GM was all about market share. She is trying to change that, but last I read they were on their fourth V.P. of quality control in as many years.

Fair enough although I think focused on quarterly earnings is a little generous. More like "paycheck to paycheck" and hence they couldn't get a loan except for the fact that the unions needed the govt involved, which, from my point of view, wasn't a political comment but how badly they screwed themselves over and over and over.

No argument there. It was different but definitely not oozing quality like CR thought.

Who knows. Maybe a little of both. It is kinda hard once you have fawked yourself over so badly to rise up. *** Crap took a while to build itself up and today, it threatens what used to be called "The Big 3".
Old 07-23-2017, 05:22 PM
Cool Runnings
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Fair enough although I think focused on quarterly earnings is a little generous. More like "paycheck to paycheck" and hence they couldn't get a loan except for the fact that the unions needed the govt involved, which, from my point of view, wasn't a political comment but how badly they screwed themselves over and over and over.

No argument there. It was different but definitely not oozing quality like CR thought.

Who knows. Maybe a little of both. It is kinda hard once you have fawked yourself over so badly to rise up. *** Crap took a while to build itself up and today, it threatens what used to be called "The Big 3".
You still have the Atari dash.

Quick Reply: Update to ZR1 or C6?