C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

the way I feel.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 10:15 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Originally Posted by skidball
Sooooooo. Still no start on car just cranks. In the meantime I'm gonna get a ring tone of an LT1 trying to start .Lol. If I don't laugh , I'll cry,,,
If you can't start it, you won't get much. I buy a non running car and I won't pay you much either. Weigh it and figure out how much scrap metal goes for and that is about what I will pay for a non running car. Don't care how close you say you are to getting it to work.

Once it works, you can decide to sell it. Put an ad out with the price you will not go below and see if it moves.

What exactly do you want of this car? That is what you need to ask yourself. Realistically speaking, parts will get harder and harder to find and you will have to scrounge around more and more. If you are not willing to do that, you have to be prepared to pay more money for newer stuff that has more support. If you are not willing to do that, don't own a vette. Newer cars are going to cost more and older cars are going to require more work to keep them running. So as I asked, what exactly do you want a car to do? Then you need to figure out money and then we can proceed.

Last edited by aklim; 08-29-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:55 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,430 Likes on 2,795 Posts

So, what troubleshooting have you done on it? Shbox has probably the best guide for troubleshooting LT1 no starts I've ever seen (frankly, it's the best I've seen for any engine, period).

The LT1 is a SUPER easy engine to work with once you understand it, and there's TONS of information out there, and parts are readily available, with lifetime warranties on most.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:48 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
and parts are readily available,

with lifetime warranties on most.
The engine and transmission, yes. I wouldn't bet much more than that.

If you had to replace an alternator, for example, every couple of years, that lifetime warranty becomes much less desirable. I paid way more than the parts house for an alternator from MB with a 1 year warranty. Parts place had me going back every so often on the lifetime warranty. Guess which one is more attractive?
Old 08-30-2017, 08:38 AM
Renfield
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by skidball
Sooooooo. Still no start on car just cranks. In the meantime I'm gonna get a ring tone of an LT1 trying to start .Lol. If I don't laugh , I'll cry,,,
Daaayum. Your down time is rapidly approaching my almost two months last year with the Opti.

Are you near another forum member? I'd be happy to help. These things are frustratingly tight to work on, but it's doable.

Hang in there!

Quick Reply: the way I feel.