Been watching a few C6 Video's

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 02:11 PM
FWC
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15-'16,'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Funny you mention the C6 seats, I have taken my 09 to Myrtle Beach twice already this year and I find them very comfortable. In fact I get less seat fatigue in the vette than my Lexus. So it's pretty obvious that each person has a different perspective, and like others have said don't make a decision from YT videos, go drive many!
Old 08-22-2017, 03:39 PM
Raidmagic
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by FWC
Funny you mention the C6 seats, I have taken my 09 to Myrtle Beach twice already this year and I find them very comfortable. In fact I get less seat fatigue in the vette than my Lexus. So it's pretty obvious that each person has a different perspective, and like others have said don't make a decision from YT videos, go drive many!
Being in the cars for 6 days and driving close to 5000 miles has something to do with it. We even slept in them one night but I did find the C5 seats a bit nicer. The bolster on the C6 seat hit my leg at just the wrong spot. Other than that I thought it was a great car. Tons of fun to drive and it wasn't mine so I got to have an extra level of fun.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:14 AM
sluggballz
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 121 Posts

I think the seats in my 95 base are more comfy than the sport seats in my 08 coupe.
The 05 steering wheel is one I didn't like in the C6, it looked good in the C5. Also, the first three years of the C6 , the center console was silver/metallic. When they updated for the 08 with the carbon fiber look I think it made the interior a little nicer. But, other than the seats, to me the C6 is much nicer inside. Just my opinion. My 08 was and is the first and only C6 I ever sat in, plunk your butt in one, you'll not want to leave!
Old 08-23-2017, 10:40 AM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

They do make a kit that can add extra padding to the C6 sets if they're not comfortable enough for you.. "Southern Car Parts" and others carry the kits for $39.95 ...WW
Old 08-23-2017, 06:22 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Caddy or Lincoln usually are known for comfortable interior. I'm pretty sure the newer generations vettes have been marketed as lap times and hp, not seats and radios. Performance for price point. CTSV is a great option otherwise.

Last edited by pologreen1; 08-23-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:02 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,440 Likes on 2,799 Posts

I've had 3, and my best friend here has had 2. All mine have been the later style interior, his have been the earlier.

The interior is cheap on all but a very few models. The interior in my 09 and 10 3LT cars were "acceptable". The interior on my 12 Centennial 4LT, is actually pretty nice. Sure, they could use better materials on the seats, but the leather and suede does feel a lot better than the standard leather (my 300 dollar seat covers for my C4 feel nicer than the OEMs in the 2012). The interior is well laid out, and the leather door panels and dash along with the padded armrests of the 4LT package make a HUGE difference over the base interior.

My buddy has had the early cars. I think their interior sucks, flat out is cheap. The center console is a huge ugly piece of painted plastic. There's lot of little icky its with crappy silver plastic.

Overall, I think the C4 interior is better. It's not as spacious as the C6 interior is, and mine has definitely aged 20 years more than my 2012 has, but the C4 interior is nice, has way better seats, and all the controls are in a good spot for the most part. The cupholders are useless on both. I would not say the interior of a #LT or lower C6 is any nicer than the interior of a later C4.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:04 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,440 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Originally Posted by pologreen1
Caddy or Lincoln usually are known for comfortable interior. I'm pretty sure the newer generations vettes have been marketed as lap times and hp, not seats and radios. Performance for price point. CTSV is a great option otherwise.
That would be incorrect. When the C7 came out, they made the most fuss about its great new interior features. They talked a lot about how it was "cockpit inspired", and now had better materials, and seats that didn't tilt forward, and cooled seats, and fancier seats with holes in the back, and a pop down nav screen, etc.

As strange as it seems, a big selling point of the Corvette is its interior to people, it's a major decision driver.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:37 PM
armybyrd
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I bought a new C6 back in 2011 and in the three years I had it i only put 8k on it. was a nice car but personally I like the rawness and feel of my C4 better. The slowness can always be fixed hence the current ls swap. as far as the interior I'm more of an old school mindset thinking I didn't buy a Vette for the interior but at the same time for the $ these things cost the C6s interior definitely leaves some to be desired.

Last edited by armybyrd; 08-23-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:28 AM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

My first Corvette was a 92 base 6spd. Loved the cockpit feel, even the sill to step over. To me you felt really connected to the machine in that way. I think the C7 really recaptured a lot of the C4 feel, with the interior.

Now I have a C5Z and a C6. Now...going from a base C4, to the C5Z...the one thing I DID feel I downgraded on, even from a C4 base, was the seats. I felt on top of the C5Z seats, versus IN the C4. That said, the C5Z destroys the C4 in every area.

Now I recently also got a 09 C6 Z51 (1LT) 6spd and just when I thought the Corvette seats couldn't get worse, somehow they're worse than the C5Z...lol! Car is amazing though steering wise (08+ got a steering system upgrade...finally is REALLY good), the LS3 is just a bad *** motor out the box and the car is mega capable...no comparison to a C4.

In the end though, I like them all.

C6=Refined, GREAT steering in the 08+, interior is more solid (albeit still cheapish) versus C5 era. All around fantastic car though.
C5Z=Raw, race car feel, LOVE the FRC, mega cheap interior but I didn't buy that car to care about the interior. I got mega love for the C5Z
C4=Cockpit car and that huge hood with those flipover headlights.

I like them all...and still have my sights aimed at a beat C4ZR1 just to have that LT5.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:56 AM
Cool Runnings
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
I've had 3, and my best friend here has had 2. All mine have been the later style interior, his have been the earlier.

The interior is cheap on all but a very few models. The interior in my 09 and 10 3LT cars were "acceptable". The interior on my 12 Centennial 4LT, is actually pretty nice. Sure, they could use better materials on the seats, but the leather and suede does feel a lot better than the standard leather (my 300 dollar seat covers for my C4 feel nicer than the OEMs in the 2012). The interior is well laid out, and the leather door panels and dash along with the padded armrests of the 4LT package make a HUGE difference over the base interior.

My buddy has had the early cars. I think their interior sucks, flat out is cheap. The center console is a huge ugly piece of painted plastic. There's lot of little icky its with crappy silver plastic.

Overall, I think the C4 interior is better. It's not as spacious as the C6 interior is, and mine has definitely aged 20 years more than my 2012 has, but the C4 interior is nice, has way better seats, and all the controls are in a good spot for the most part. The cupholders are useless on both. I would not say the interior of a #LT or lower C6 is any nicer than the interior of a later C4.

Thanks for the info, when the time comes, I'll be looking at the 4LT interior.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:17 AM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

It'll never be said that Corvette owners don't have an opinion; a strong one!

I had a new '05 Z51 for less than 24 hours and was glad when the dealer called to ask if I'd return it. I preferred the '84 seats comfort and really disliked the dirver interface design: teeny buttons on the GM head unit calling for too much eye time away from the road. After two highly regarded new cars of other brands, I shy away from the e-gadgets that sometimes fail before the warranty ends, but cost plenty after! I almost pity new BMW and Subaru drivers.

Simple and quality push my buttons, now, and my upgraded C4 can embarrass many other generations, as if I really would.

Quick Reply: Been watching a few C6 Video's