C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Probably not going to Believe this.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 11:58 PM
bow tie guy
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by divotdug
I judge the value of your car based on mine. I bought my '84 4+3, Z51 car with 35k miles, new tires, mufflers and a battery for $4300 spring of '16. The only thing it has needed is a front coolant sensor.
I remember reading about your Car, and the story about getting it from the dealership where Your Boys works. that was a good read! more pics please!! great Car, I absolutely love it
Old 08-23-2017, 04:51 AM
scrappy76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruisinfanatic
You opened the door. I sure wouldn't have brought it up
Exactly. You never need to post why you are selling something.
You could have said, " My wife and I want a new dishwasher ", and you would have gotten the same reaction. Somebody would have posted, " quit being lazy and wash the dishes by hand so you can keep the vette ".
Old 08-23-2017, 07:09 AM
divotdug
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by bow tie guy
I remember reading about your Car, and the story about getting it from the dealership where Your Boys works. that was a good read! more pics please!! great Car, I absolutely love it
Taking more pictures is something I keep meaning to do but never seem to get around to.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:25 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

just in case anyone's interested...

https://ottumwa.craigslist.org/cto/d...273913208.html

personally, i'm not sure what to make of all this - ???

edit: after reading earlier posts (again), it seems that the craigslist link was originally posted, and deleted by the OP. sorry for re-hashing old info, but again, if anyone's interested.

Last edited by Joe C; 08-25-2017 at 04:40 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:36 PM
Cjunkie
Melting Slicks

Received 172 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe C
just in case anyone's interested...

https://ottumwa.craigslist.org/cto/d...273913208.html

personally, i'm not sure what to make of all this - ???

edit: after reading earlier posts (again), it seems that the craigslist link was originally posted, and deleted by the OP. sorry for re-hashing old info, but again, if anyone's interested.
Means OP's kids still aren't getting food, clothes, or shoes he needs a motorcycle now. Priorities haven't changed as the Craigslist ad states.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:47 PM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by warrior4jesus
To someone that wants a Car that you can just drive w/o fixing a bunch of things right off the mark I think 7-8k is VERY reasonable. If some of you think about what you paid for yours and what you put into them to get them where they are now I think you would probably agree. I think it's hilarious when I posted that I bought it post after post you guys lined right up 4500? heck you stole it..... what would have been a reasonable price? 5k? 6k? maybe even 7k? Ever hear of pricing high and negotiating with someone? I don't understand all the your asking too much comments. Seems kinda like tire kicking BS to me. I didn't post it in the classifieds because I'm not trying to sell it to you guys. I was just sharing something i was doing with the car with you. I guess I thought 8k was a good starting point.
Considering I put 20K of mods into the car, I'd be ok getting 10 plus what the car is worth. That said, it is a fantasy. That is why I will drive it till the motor fails and either part it out if I have the time and space or crush it into beer cans and sell it for scrap metal. I figure I have gotten all the fun out of it by then.

Yes, I have heard of asking high and negotiating. That said, have you heard of scaring me off with an unrealistic number? I start with 20K and let you wheedle me down and you will probably look at the ad and laugh. You start with $6500 and EXPLAIN IN DETAIL what you did and maybe. You start of with $8000 and I'll pass.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:43 PM
warrior4jesus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I traded the car for an 05 Ultra Classic with 27k miles today. It was not my intention to "sell" the 84 I had to make a profit or at all. I also was not the rears on child support at that time. When the 84 went south and was eventually sold for not much I did buy the 86 and I did fix it "myself" with the tires costing the most amount of money out of pocket that I did not do myself. I did not want to get rid of it and I was wrestling with a selfish desire to keep it because I do like the c4 corvette. But as you all have pointed out there is not a lot of demand for a c4 which is why I have traded it for the Harley. I will also most likely not be able to sell it for the money I need from it untill next spring so I will just have to keep it until then. I did not intend for any of this to be side business but more so a moment to seize in which I could satisfy my debt, make up in some small way on the bad purchase of the 84 and maybe just maybe have something left for me at the end of it all. I have after several days reflection decided I really don't care what some of you had said about how selfish or bad it may seem that I was buying the car instead of just paying my child support debt. I also feel sorry for anyone that might not have answered any of my questions or bothered to respond if only because I was going to sell it and wanted to make it straight for whoever would get it. Nobody here pays my bills or pays my child support or has bothered to get to know anything about me b4 jumping to conclusions and wrong one's at that. If you were cool and just commented on the car and ad I appreciate you. I would also like to point out at no time was I looking for sympathy from anyone and the whole child support comment was just an obscure detail I did not need to add and obviously should not have. So going forward I will probably just be a lurker until someday I get another c4. I apologize if I have offended anyone.

Last edited by warrior4jesus; 08-25-2017 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:49 PM
warrior4jesus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Cjunkie
Means OP's kids still aren't getting food, clothes, or shoes he needs a motorcycle now. Priorities haven't changed as the Craigslist ad states.
Ya man I keep em in a cellar and feed them moldy denim rags and rain water. I only let them out to shine up all my toys so they stay looking nice. My children have the best of everything. Far better than I ever had. You make ignorant comments based on very limited information and I feel sorry for you because it probably carries on into the rest of your life.

Last edited by warrior4jesus; 08-25-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:03 AM
aklim
Team Owner

I have after several days reflection decided I really don't care what some of you had said about how selfish or bad it may seem that I was buying the car instead of just paying my child support debt. I also feel sorry for anyone that might not have answered any of my questions or bothered to respond if only because I was going to sell it and wanted to make it straight for whoever would get it.

Nobody here pays my bills or pays my child support
Just so you understand, whatever we do tends to be selfish. If I sacrifice for my dogs (just so we can change the touchy subject), I do it because they give me some form of compensation. Might not be cash but in some other form. So, it is a selfish desire after all. Just like a hooker, repayment doesn't have to be in cash, neither does it with any other transaction. I do something nice for the wife and she is happy. That happiness makes me happy. So am I being unselfish or am I selfish because I do something that makes her happy and it in turn makes me happy?

Bingo. When you pay for my bills, you get a say in what happens. Beyond that, what you have is an opinion which I am free to ignore. For instance, you don't like my black car. WGAS? You didn't pay for it. You may argue that it picks up a lot of heat and I might even agree but if I like black, so be it. OTOH, when Dad buys me a car or pays for it or even part of it, if he doesn't like black, I pay attention. You want a seat at the table, you pay for it.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:11 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Originally Posted by billschroeder5842
What I REALLY feel bad for is the the unsuspecting guy who buys his car from a CL ad and is genuinely thrilled, proud and excited only to join CF and uncover a back story that has an "ick" factor.

Karma will be a bitch.
Or he might just get the car and drive it without digging through years of CF forum chatter. Or he might not give a crap either way. We all have our line we draw. Some get queasy if they know 2 guys were bumping uglies in that car. Me, as long as the fluids are not there, I'm good. So if there is new carpet, the price is great, I'm in.

People need to believe that. Hence religion or Karma which is, IMO Religion Lite.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:28 PM
whalepirot
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm DONE with this bash fest by those who don't know.
I see naught but negative value in deriding a member who was active and helpful, despite being perhaps a bit too open and honest in his post.

These know-it-all judgemental attitudes kill a forum quickly. So, adding to an ignore list...

Last edited by whalepirot; 08-26-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Probably not going to Believe this.