New front spoiler from Corvette Central

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 10:56 AM
Renfield
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 170 Posts
Default New front spoiler from Corvette Central

Any excuse to post some photos of Lucy.

I decided to pay attention to aesthetics for a change. Sorry to see the "made in usa" mould marker go away.

It took a 10mm socket and box wrench combo, and a vacuum. Sucked a lot of junk out of the radiator/condenser area. Quick job and a nice face-lift.

We'll see how long it lasts.

Attached Images      
Old 08-23-2017, 11:19 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by Renfield

I decided to pay attention to aesthetics for a change. Sorry to see the "made in usa" mould marker go away.

It took a 10mm socket and box wrench combo, and a vacuum. Sucked a lot of junk out of the radiator/condenser area. Quick job and a nice face-lift.

Good to have another source for that. Thanks!

Also, this might be the time to make a screen to bridge the gap down there to strain the grass clippings and leaves, etc from getting onto the radiator in the first place.

I cut some galvanized wire fencing with 1/4" mesh and secured. It has made a world of difference, at least as far as the bigger debris goes. Small stuff like Cottonwood seed, etc, can still plug things up over time.

In fact, I got a used OEM radiator out of a car a local mechanic was replacing with one of those DeWitt (or the like) units to (as the customer said) cure a heating problem. Guess what? I must flushed out a couple pounds of dirt and a wad of plant matter, using my pressure washer. It's been working happily in my Z now ever since - seldom gets over 205 (when both fans are programmed to come on). I conclude that prolly a LOT of custom radiators are installed because the stock units are simply plugged up, thus being an excuse to "upgrade".

Let us know how you like the Corvette Central air dam!

P.

Last edited by Paul Workman; 08-23-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:52 PM
MRPVette
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

I want to replace mine with the one with the vents to cool your brakes.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:29 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

Nicely done Renfield, compliments the rest of your exterior. Hope you didn’t do this work during the upper 90’S with a 70+ dew point days you just went through the past 5 weeks in SC. Here in NC, I save my auto projects to exclude July. Shoot another picture when you get your car on all 4’s.

Last edited by HAD2HAV2; 08-25-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:56 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by Renfield

I've bought a couple (early C4) reproductions sets from fleabay vendors, and believe it or not, a near perfect fit. they were the Z51 versions which are about 1 inch higher than the standard air dam (or lower, depending on how you look at things). one minor change I incorporated -- where the center section overlaps with the end sections, I drilled a 1/4" hole thru the two pieces, each side, and used a black, push rivet - tends to keep the three pieces a bit more secure and in better alignment.

here's the typical push rivets I used -

Last edited by Joe C; 08-26-2017 at 06:05 AM.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:59 AM
Renfield
Drifting

Originally Posted by HAD2HAV2
Nicely done Renfield, compliments the rest of your exterior. Hope you didn’t do this work during the upper 90’S with a 70+ dew point days you just went through the past 5 weeks in SC. Here in NC, I save my auto projects to exclude July. Shoot another picture when you get your car on all 4’s.
Thanks neighbor! It was warm alright. But that's part of the reason for replacing the scoop - better cooling.

Some projects you can't put off. Last August my water pump turned into a water weenie, and I ended up doing the Opti, WP, hoses, plugs, wires, coolant, knock sensors, etc. in the dog days of summer. THAT was hot.

I'll try and get another glam shot soon.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:27 AM
Renfield
Drifting

Here are a couple more snaps minus the tools and jack stands.
Attached Images   

Get notified of new replies

To New front spoiler from Corvette Central

Quick Reply: New front spoiler from Corvette Central