C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

ECM. Mem Cal, CCM for 93 Vet

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 08:14 PM
a66bbvet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ECM. Mem Cal, CCM for 93 Vet

Does anyone on the forum know of a place to acquire an ECM, Mem Cal(PROM) or CCM for a 93 Corvette. I friend has the car and is having issues. The car is a beautiful show car that is driven to the shows. The car seems to run in limp mode but has multiple error lights lit. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:11 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

What error codes is it giving?

A year-specific list is here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1576116036
Old 09-13-2017, 09:29 AM
JimLentz
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 239 Posts

Does it act consistently or are the symptoms random?
Old 09-13-2017, 09:49 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by a66bbvet
Does anyone on the forum know of a place to acquire an ECM, Mem Cal(PROM) or CCM for a 93 Corvette. I friend has the car and is having issues. The car is a beautiful show car that is driven to the shows. The car seems to run in limp mode but has multiple error lights lit. Any help will be appreciated.
I'd think the most reasonable/rational approach would be to have the car checked using a "professional" scanner for issues. I don't know that I'd want to rely on the internal checks that are available on the '93 using the DIC and the cluster but it certainly could be a start.

Does "the friend" have the FSM for the car?

UNTIL DIAGNOSED I WOULDN'T BE CONCERNED ABOUT PARTS!!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 09-13-2017 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:43 AM
92ragtop
Melting Slicks

Received 203 Likes on 117 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)
2015 C4 of Year Finalist

If it actually is an ECM issue, you can get them fixed. I did and it's been fine ever since.
If you do this, you pull out the PROM before sending the ECM out.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:02 PM
a66bbvet
Instructor

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
I'd think the most reasonable/rational approach would be to have the car checked using a "professional" scanner for issues. I don't know that I'd want to rely on the internal checks that are available on the '93 using the DIC and the cluster but it certainly could be a start.

Does "the friend" have the FSM for the car?

UNTIL DIAGNOSED I WOULDN'T BE CONCERNED ABOUT PARTS!!
The car has been professional diagnosed to the extent possible. There is little to no communication between any of the modules. That is the reason I am seeking the availability of all three units. We have seen this issue with other cars and while this appears to be the ECM the other car proved to be the PROM. There are additional codes and error lights that would be caused by the CCM but these could be caused by the ECM or PROM and we will not know until we get them working and at that stage we can check CCM.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:22 PM
a66bbvet
Instructor

Question for the Forum Administrator:

After posting last night, I received a response from a user and was told to contact a certain vendor. I did record the vendors name and phone number so I have the information. My question has to do with that response not being in my posting file this morning. Why was it deleted? I hope this was not done because the vendor is not a registered vendor with the forum. The parts I am seeking are very rare and hard to find and I hope we would not delete any information that would allow us to keep our loved one running.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:27 AM
scotth48
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Checking codes first than maybe a used ecm from another 93. You would still need to swap prom. When I bought a used engine out of another ruby I used the original ecm in my car and now have a spare and a extra prom. The extra prom is for a automatic.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:34 PM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

If you go the route of replacing the ECM, you'll need to ensure that you get the correct one. '92's and '93's are the same but years before and after won't work. Pay attention to all the numbers listed on the top of the ECM and make sure you find a match. If the car's an Auto, you'll need one from an Auto. If it's Manual the same thing applies. Don't worry too much about the Memcal - you can switch that from the one that you already have (unless the Memcal's fried - in which case you'll have to find the same one as well - or have someone burn you a replacement). Running an ECM that doesn't match number-wise may/may not get the car going but it's going to play havoc with the electricals and give you error codes as well as (likely) a poor running car. BTW - as 92ragtop has said, you can have yours rebuilt to its' original specs but, if you send it in, KEEP the memcal and don't send that to the rebuilder! Hope this helps.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:22 PM
kalister1
Drifting

What is the ECM worth?

Get notified of new replies

To ECM. Mem Cal, CCM for 93 Vet

Quick Reply: ECM. Mem Cal, CCM for 93 Vet