Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

I've been bitten by the C4 bug

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 02:59 AM
ElisTwoCents
Le Mans Master

Received 420 Likes on 234 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06,'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Great good luck with the buy and keep us posted
Old 09-25-2017, 12:08 PM
OlllllllO
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I found a '96 to test fit and it went way worse than I expected. It wasn't even close. I was able to get in but my knees were hitting the dash, my head was hitting the roof, and my shoulder was hitting the window. Surprisingly, the only part that fit was my backside and that has hardly ever been the case.

Either I'm a Shrek or you guys are midgets. My search continues.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:26 PM
Cool Runnings
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by OlllllllO
Well, I found a '96 to test fit and it went way worse than I expected. It wasn't even close. I was able to get in but my knees were hitting the dash, my head was hitting the roof, and my shoulder was hitting the window. Surprisingly, the only part that fit was my backside and that has hardly ever been the case.

I running a 92 with sport seats, 6' 2", 210lbs, 34" inseam, 38" waist and I fit perfect. Sound like you need a SUV.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:28 PM
confab
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 295 Posts

Dear Goliath: I think I read about someone here yanking the seat tracks once to get more clearance?
Old 09-25-2017, 01:39 PM
OlllllllO
Intermediate

Originally Posted by confab
Dear Goliath: I think I read about someone here yanking the seat tracks once to get more clearance?
Maybe if I took the seat out and sat on the floor.

Last edited by OlllllllO; 09-25-2017 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:46 PM
confab
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 295 Posts

Maybe if I took the seat out and sat on the floor.
lol.. Get a really swank, Recaro bean bag.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:25 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

WOW, glad i'm only 5'11 and mine fits me like a glove
Old 09-25-2017, 03:45 PM
bac22
Le Mans Master

Received 186 Likes on 163 Posts

Just won't be a C4, if you couldn't fit into the 96, doubtful you fit in other C4 years. I assume you made all the seat adjustments, sometimes the tracks bind over the years, so maybe the seat wasn't fully extended???

Last edited by bac22; 09-25-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:03 PM
OlllllllO
Intermediate

Originally Posted by confab
lol.. Get a really swank, Recaro bean bag.
Ya know, I do have a bean bag on my boat.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:21 PM
Klondike
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts

I have a '96 LT4 which is pretty much the same car as a Grand Sport without the stripes. I'm 5-10 and fit pretty well with the adjustable seat lowered and with about 3" behind the seat to the end of the track. (I sit a little forward leg wise and tilted back.) The steering wheel tilts but does not telescope in these cars. Getting in, I put my rt leg in, turn bend to clear my head and sit, then pull in my left leg. When I get out, I tilt the wheel up to clear my legs, swing my left leg over the sill, place my left hand down on the sill and push up and out. [Don't use the steering wheel to pull yourself out because it wears out the tilt and makes the steering wheel loose.] My wife is 6' and Son is about 6'1" and they fit with the seat all the way back. Passenger seat foot room is miserably narrow. My Son has to take his size 14 shoes off to fit but my Wife seems to fit OK and actually likes to travel in the C4. Seats are great in a C4 and road trips(for me anyway) are not a problem.
'96 Vettes have OBD2 so if the check engine light isn't on, they are usually OK emissions wise, and as said above 20 years and older might not be tested in some states. Where I am in Texas, no emissions check.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:22 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Hiking/Running shoes are definitely a problem in some Vettes. Santa heard me bitching about it one day, and for Christmas there was a pair of Puma driving shoes under the tree.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE that makes! No more scrubbing the soles together while (especially) pedaling the brake and clutch at the same time.

-=Jeff=- suggested wrestling shoes - much less $$ and you can try them on at any sporting goods outlet store (Dick's?).

Regardless of what Vette you end up with, you'll find either the driving shoes or (as Jeff suggested) the wrestling shoes to make a big improvement - far as foot room goes.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:25 AM
Cool Runnings
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Workman
Hiking/Running shoes are definitely a problem in some Vettes. Santa heard me bitching about it one day, and for Christmas there was a pair of Puma driving shoes under the tree.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE that makes! No more scrubbing the soles together while (especially) pedaling the brake and clutch at the same time.

-=Jeff=- suggested wrestling shoes - much less $$ and you can try them on at any sporting goods outlet store (Dick's?).

Regardless of what Vette you end up with, you'll find either the driving shoes or (as Jeff suggested) the wrestling shoes to make a big improvement - far as foot room goes.
I use Chaco sandals.

Quick Reply: I've been bitten by the C4 bug