Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 Fiberglass Front Bumper

Old 12-14-2017, 08:09 AM
polo91
Drifting

Received 1,029 Likes on 480 Posts

Default C4 Fiberglass Front Bumper

Has anyone used an after market fiberglass front bumper on their C4. Thee years ago I hit a deer which damaged the front end. From a distance it looks fine but up close things are misaligned, hairline cracks in the paint on hood and bumper, and I think the bumper is stretched because the top sags a little. I was thinking the fiberglass would look better and eliminate the waves you see on many OE bumpers. By the way, both headlights were destroyed in the collision and I still had fifteen miles to get home in the dark, the fog lights were almost useless, they are pitiful.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:25 AM
73n95
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I did a fiberglass bumper on my 73 because it was a lot cheaper. While it looks fine I have to remind myself it is not a flex bumper. One "bump" and its toast.
The following users liked this post:
polo91 (12-14-2017)
Old 12-14-2017, 04:31 PM
hcbph
Safety Car

Received 525 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by 73n95
I did a fiberglass bumper on my 73 because it was a lot cheaper. While it looks fine I have to remind myself it is not a flex bumper. One "bump" and its toast.

Friends son did that to his car (not a Vette) the other year. Ironically from what I understand it was some snow that did his in the first time. Second time was a parking lot.

IMO you either need something like a early C3 or below with real bumpers or something flexible to not splinter all over the place.

Unless it's never going to be around anything else, IMO a rigid bumper like a fiberglass one is just looking for trouble.
The following users liked this post:
polo91 (12-14-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Fiberglass Front Bumper

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C4 Fiberglass Front Bumper