C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Replacement seats 85

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 12:31 PM
BLUE1972
Race Director

Received 1,122 Likes on 732 Posts

Default Replacement seats 85

Just curious: In the Spring I'm going to replace the seats in my 85 due to age and the fact they are the Electric sport seats.

I'm not sure which seats will fit.

I'm looking to go somewhat low budget. I saw Corbeau seats for $195 that recline . Just wondering if they fit.

I was wondering what some other people have done. Thanks
Old 12-24-2017, 04:52 PM
1cooldaddyo
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BLUE1972
Just curious: In the Spring I'm going to replace the seats in my 85 due to age and the fact they are the Electric sport seats.

I'm not sure which seats will fit.

I'm looking to go somewhat low budget. I saw Corbeau seats for $195 that recline . Just wondering if they fit.

I was wondering what some other people have done. Thanks

My advice is get the skinniest ones you can find and it will still be tight fitting it in there.
I got some Ciphers just cause they were cheap and it seemed like they would fit.
Turns out the measurements didn't include the recline handle which made it 1/4" too wide.
i've got 'em crammed in there anyway just so I can drive it, but I'm looking for something else.
Also watch the seat back height. Mine are sitting on the floor and still bump the halo.
Old 12-24-2017, 10:59 PM
BLUE1972
Race Director

THANKS

Those items you mentioned are the fears I have. The Corbeau seats measure close. The local speed shop is supposed to get the basic recliners in the spring. Hopefully they will fit.

I'll probably have to pull the passenger seat - drive over and see if they will let me try fit it.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:10 AM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,431 Likes on 2,796 Posts

Do yourself a favor and stick with OEM unless it' an all out race car getting FIA seats.

Corbeaus are cheap and can break in a crash. They're not rated for any road use, that' why they're so cheap. Same for Cipher and all the other relabeled Chinese garbage out there.

if your covers are messed up, get some new ones from interior innovations. Gives you a chance to fix any issues the seats have while you're at it.
Old 12-25-2017, 04:05 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
Do yourself a favor and stick with OEM unless it' an all out race car getting FIA seats.

Corbeaus are cheap and can break in a crash. They're not rated for any road use, that' why they're so cheap. Same for Cipher and all the other relabeled Chinese garbage out there.

if your covers are messed up, get some new ones from interior innovations. Gives you a chance to fix any issues the seats have while you're at it.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:30 AM
BLUE1972
Race Director

I will look for a set of stock seats, I want to get away from the electric seats.

I had a set of 1988 Nova seats, wrong color. I was off offered $ + parts for my 71 (which was under re-construction) for them as they were pristine + my best friend needed them . They look better in his 70 Nova and match.
I put the originals back in, the switches worked for 2 months then stopped.

They were 1/3 the weight of the stock seats.

I put mine back in.

The search will continue.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:49 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by BLUE1972
I will look for a set of stock seats, I want to get away from the electric seats.

I had a set of 1988 Nova seats, wrong color. I was off offered $ + parts for my 71 (which was under re-construction) for them as they were pristine + my best friend needed them . They look better in his 70 Nova and match.
I put the originals back in, the switches worked for 2 months then stopped.

They were 1/3 the weight of the stock seats.

I put mine back in.

The search will continue.
all you need is the manual seat adjust, similar to your passenger's seat. not sure what years would cover it, but most likely 84 thru 87 or 88. probably the RH and LH manual track are the same - ??? the guy who would know for sure is WVZR-1 -

Get notified of new replies

To Replacement seats 85

Quick Reply: Replacement seats 85