C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Need NCRS 1995 a/c dryer help from anyone that has oe dryer

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 12:37 PM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

Default Need NCRS 1995 a/c dryer help from anyone that has oe dryer

Hi, I am trying to button up some loose ends for my 95 judging. I am looking for anyone that has a known original 1995 a/c dryer on their car to PLEASE send me a picture of the top of it. It should have some faded ink stamping on it. I need to be able to read the complete stamp. It will say something like "HARRISON 113 2002 in different fonts and a smaller line below it and a date below that reads like 11/15/94 OFF"
If you can help, I really appreciate it.
email or PM
corvette95@gmail.com
While I am here - I am searching for a 94 or 95 Roadside assistance brochure that came in the owners manual. It says "Roadside Assistance" and it has a picture of the rear of a corvette going down the road, this is different then standard gm roadside assistance brochures. Thanks

Last edited by corvette95; 02-10-2018 at 12:38 PM. Reason: correct spacing in title
Old 02-11-2018, 12:26 PM
swampoodle-pat
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Default A/C Dryer and Roadside Assistance Brochure

I am sending you some photos of my A/C Dryer. It has a date code of March 1994. My 1995 Corvette has a build date of August 4, 1994.
It is an early build and was either the first or second day of regular production for the 1995.
Also an example of another A/C Dryer
There is no Roadside Assistance Brochure for the 1995. The original owner after purchase received a packet from GM with Roadside Assistance information. There was a Roadside Assistance Decal placed on the Diver Window on the lower bottom.
There have been some reproductions made but the are incorrect. The original decals state that they are for Chevrolet-Geo, later reproductions only have the word Chevrolet.
Attached Images     
Old 02-11-2018, 12:33 PM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Thank you for the pictures. My drivers window does not have the roadside decal... I don't know why. Any ideas where to get one?
Old 02-11-2018, 07:29 PM
swampoodle-pat
Racer

Default A/C Dryer and Roadside Assistance Brochure

I do not have any information where an exact reproduction can be located.
The only advice I can give you is be careful if someone states they have one for sale. Make sure it says Chevrolet-Geo. I have seen some reproductions that only say Chevrolet. I think that this decal was on the C-5's, but I am not sure.
Another tip is that when this decal was put on at the factory it never was put on straight. All the ones that I have seen are on a small angle.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:54 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Originally Posted by swampoodle-pat
The only advice I can give you is be careful if someone states they have one for sale. Make sure it says Chevrolet-Geo. I have seen some reproductions that only say Chevrolet. I think that this decal was on the C-5's, but I am not sure.
Another tip is that when this decal was put on at the factory it never was put on straight. All the ones that I have seen are on a small angle.
I believe it's straight if you use the "glass bug" for the alignment. I notice many times lettering (generally decal jobs) done on commercial vehicles where the damn decal is applied using the ground as a reference vs the side moldings or a body line of the vehicle as a reference.
The following users liked this post:
corvette95 (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 06:17 AM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

I have found some labels from newer cars but WITHOUT pictures...
Does anyone have a gm part number or source for oe or reproduction of the Chevrolet /Geo correct roadside drivers window sticker? (95 LT1)
Thanks!
Originally Posted by swampoodle-pat
Old 02-12-2018, 06:32 AM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Follow up..is the or dryer completely circular or does it have a slight octagon shape? THX
Could not tell for sure from prior pics.

current delco drier

current dryer
Old 02-12-2018, 07:08 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Yours is Delphi and it wasn't until '95 that Harrison spun off to Delphi so if yours is OE your car I'd think would need to be a later maybe very late build.

What is your build date? Can you make out the 'date code' of the Delphi? The date code of the Harrison is obvious.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 02-12-2018 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:58 AM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

10/94 but not positive it is the OE dryer.
Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Yours is Delphi and it wasn't until '95 that Harrison spun off to Delphi so if yours is OE your car I'd think would need to be a later maybe very late build.

What is your build date? Can you make out the 'date code' of the Delphi? The date code of the Harrison is obvious.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:00 AM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

113 and 2002 are the main numbers
Old 02-12-2018, 08:14 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by corvette95
10/94 but not positive it is the OE dryer.
I'd say it's rather obvious yours isn't OE since there's a snapshot of a 10/05 Harrison date code and the physical appearance of the Delphi is 'close' but not a match to the Harrison.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:42 PM
swampoodle-pat
Racer

Here are some photos from 1996 Corvette's. I don't think that you have an OEM. Just my humble opinion.
Attached Images    
Old 02-15-2018, 07:38 AM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Thanks for the input. I have not doubt my car will easily pass top flight, just want to correct what I see myself now to get ready for nationals. The a/c dryer is the only thing I need and I have ordered a correct one, just have to get the stamp right. Other than that, a roadside drivers window sticker and plastic emergency key and I should be close to 100% ......even the assembly line oil filter!(the a/c was repaired years and years ago under warranty, should have kept the oe). Still trying to decide if my wiper blades are oe or not, never been used but the tips look like ZR-1 blades. Source of correct oe anyone????
Originally Posted by ihatebarkingdogs
That is not a 1995 OEM accumulator. You should receive a deduction for originality if the judges know what they're doing. (Not all do). Configuration and Date. So 2 of the 5 elements of CDCIF will receive a deduction. 40%.

"Switches and Accumulator" is 4 originality and 2 condition. There are several switches, so if I were parsing the 4 points of Originality, I would assign 3 of them to the accumulator, because it is the major item on the line. 40% of 3 is 1.2 points. Very few judges round up, but some do. So 1or possibly 2 points. And argue if they try to take 1 point of condition for the "missing" ink stamp. That comes under the configuration.

If it were mine, I'd remove the sticker and any markings on the top of the accumulator. That Delphi sticker and OCR code shout "look at me, I've been replaced". With the top of it blank, the fact that the shape is wrong may be overlooked, and you'll get the "ink stamp missing" deduction that about 80% of all C4s judged receive. Usually 1 point.

2 points is nothing on a strong car. You should be fine.Isn't it kind of sad that an NCRS member has to come to CF to get info because he couldn't get anything on the NCRS TDB? (I saw your inquiry re this over the weekend).

Offered by a Level 400 NCRS Judge that has been on the National C4 Team since 2006.

Don't get too caught up in this point thing right off the bat. Get it judged, and see how you do. Then pick the low-hanging fruit to improve your score at future events. The C4 Team is a great group of folks. Their #1 priority is that you have a good time, learn about your car, and that you want to come back.

Have fun.

Last edited by corvette95; 02-15-2018 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Add info
Old 02-15-2018, 03:46 PM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Adding to this thread instead of creating a new one: the guide says owners manual should contain recommended maintenance schedule....what does that look like? I thought that was in the manual? I also understand the emergency key and and key notice sheet is not actually part of oe manual, that was after the fact. I believe I have my kit complete once I get the recommended maintenance schedule thing answered! Thanks
Old 02-15-2018, 04:23 PM
swampoodle-pat
Racer

The 94-96 NCRS Judging Manual does call for a Maintenance Schedule, but it is incorrect in that statement. The listing of the Maintenance Schedule is an incorrect carry over from the 1992-93 Judging Manual.
Again, I speak for no one but myself.
Forget about the Emergency Key as a Judged Item for a 1995.
Again, this item listing was incorrectly carried over from the 1992-93 Judging Manual. Also, in 1995 it is not called an Emergency Key but was called a Courtesy Key that was mailed to the owner after purchase.
Again, just my opinion.
Old 10-17-2023, 09:11 AM
hyperv6
Burning Brakes

Received 629 Likes on 388 Posts

To help on the Roadside service decals.

They are lined up with the glass marking not the door window sill, It should be level with the ground.

Only the early decals have the Geo as GM was rolled into Chevy and they removed it from the decal.

These are rare and I just found one at a dealer in California. It helps to do system searches things like this as inventory can pop up.
Old 10-17-2023, 09:56 AM
swampoodle-pat
Racer

If you look at your Service Parts Identification Label you should see an RPO DL5. That is the RPO for the Roadside Assistance Label. If you have that RPO you should have a Roadside Assistance Label. So far, we have found out that export models do not have this RPO and consequently no Roadside Assistance Label.

Old 10-17-2023, 12:14 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

This post/thread has an image of a correct 1995 SPID displaying the DL5

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1607147503

Get notified of new replies

To Need NCRS 1995 a/c dryer help from anyone that has oe dryer

Quick Reply: Need NCRS 1995 a/c dryer help from anyone that has oe dryer