Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Question for QuickJack users

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 09:46 AM
NavAir
Racer

Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

To me, looks like packages were damaged in shipment, with loss of contents. I hope you noted the damage on the bill of lading when it was delivered. QuickJack should ship you another jack, and the issue is between them and the shipper. I can't believe they sent a unit out will all that stuff missing (and the obvious damage to the boxes). Mine came with a small scrape on on corner of one of the jack boxes, no other damage or missing parts. It went together easily, and has worked perfectly (at least for the past year that I've owned it).

I would give them a chance to make it right.

Steve
Old 07-22-2018, 08:06 PM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by NavAir
To me, looks like packages were damaged in shipment, with loss of contents. I hope you noted the damage on the bill of lading when it was delivered. QuickJack should ship you another jack, and the issue is between them and the shipper. I can't believe they sent a unit out will all that stuff missing (and the obvious damage to the boxes). Mine came with a small scrape on on corner of one of the jack boxes, no other damage or missing parts. It went together easily, and has worked perfectly (at least for the past year that I've owned it).

I would give them a chance to make it right.

Steve
yea I’ll give them a chance to make it right. Bill of
landing im not so familiar? It was on my front porch when I got home from work.

Initially I suspected shipppng damage too (which some of it could be) but I theorize it is used based on the fact male/female hose ends were already installed along with Teflon tape.

I’ll keep the thread updated for anyone who may be interested.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:49 PM
NavAir
Racer

Originally Posted by 9T3VETTE

yea I’ll give them a chance to make it right. Bill of
landing im not so familiar? It was on my front porch when I got home from work.

Initially I suspected shipppng damage too (which some of it could be) but I theorize it is used based on the fact male/female hose ends were already installed along with Teflon tape.

I’ll keep the thread updated for anyone who may be interested.
Bill of Lading is the paperwork that usually accompanies a shipment that requires delivery by truck. Any damage is noted by the receiver on the Bill of Lading, to document a claim for damages against the shipping company.

The fact that some assembly was already done is very suspicious...

See what QuickJack does for you.

Steve
Old 07-31-2018, 06:11 PM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

Well, after a couple days of trying to get into contact with someone at quickjack I finally got another kit sent to me. It arrived today and is worse than the first one!!

you can see in the pictures but one of the frames is completely destroyed, essentially just laying in my driveway. No hydraulic lines, no blocks, no adaptors, just an opened hydraulic pump box.

Called them immediately and they are going to have them picked up and I’ll receive a refund in 3-4 weeks. What a freaking joke this company is...not sure how they make any money!?

Old 07-31-2018, 06:31 PM
rjacobs
Melting Slicks

Received 521 Likes on 394 Posts

I dont blame the company, I blame the shipper...

I believe Bendpak makes Quickjack, or at least is their USA distributor. If thats the case, Bendpak is probably one the largest lift manufacturers in the USA if not the world.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:59 PM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

^^I mean either way they cant get a halfway decent product to my door. Shipping from CA -> MI is a long way to arrive in perfect condition, but I cant make a case for either of these shipments. The first shipment clearly had used parts and the second set arrived 60% complete. For $1300 that's a joke no matter what the size of the company is.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:11 PM
Vettevick
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn, what did you do to **** off UPS? Reminds me when I ordered a replacement sunroof for my old CRX, after UPS used it as a step and frisbee twice, the company finally sent it Fedex.

I received my Quick Jack a couple weeks ago... Although the boxes were a little worse for wear, nothing was damaged and no parts were missing. I really like the lift.

Last edited by Vettevick; 07-31-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:43 PM
NavAir
Racer

Wow. That is totally unacceptable. Reminds me of the old Samsonite ad with the suitcase in the gorilla cage...

Although a bit contrived (and corny), this video from Quickjack is on point:

Sorry for your (repeated) troubles...

Steve
Old 07-31-2018, 10:29 PM
Bckmstr
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Wow what a shame, making me think twice about dealing with this company...thanks for the heads up
Old 08-01-2018, 03:21 PM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

Originally Posted by Vettevick
Damn, what did you do to **** off UPS? Reminds me when I ordered a replacement sunroof for my old CRX, after UPS used it as a step and frisbee twice, the company finally sent it Fedex.

I received my Quick Jack a couple weeks ago... Although the boxes were a little worse for wear, nothing was damaged and no parts were missing. I really like the lift.
I know right! First one came UPS the second one came FedEx....apparently both shipping companies hate me.

Side note, UPS delivered a pair of shoes the other day and both shoes were in the box with no damage! Who would have thought!?

Originally Posted by NavAir
Wow. That is totally unacceptable. Reminds me of the old Samsonite ad with the suitcase in the gorilla cage...

Although a bit contrived (and corny), this video from Quickjack is on point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Ld4XB0y6U

Sorry for your (repeated) troubles...

Steve
Funny thing is both of my frame rail boxes looked worse than the ones ran over and dropped off a 40ft building!

Quick Reply: Question for QuickJack users