Question for QuickJack users - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Question for QuickJack users

Old 02-13-2018, 11:37 AM   #1
9T3VETTE
CF Senior Member

Default Question for QuickJack users

Thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these in the spring as my garage has no room for a standard lift.

5,000lb capacity model should be plenty for my needs but i'm wondering about the length needed for C4 jack points. What's everyone using, SLX or EXT model? My vette is in storage so I can measure right now.

If someone could snap a picture of the C4 lifted and how the blocks interface with C4 jack points that would be helpful.
9T3VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:12 PM   #2
JimLentz
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9T3VETTE View Post
Thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these in the spring as my garage has no room for a standard lift.

5,000lb capacity model should be plenty for my needs but i'm wondering about the length needed for C4 jack points. What's everyone using, SLX or EXT model? My vette is in storage so I can measure right now.

If someone could snap a picture of the C4 lifted and how the blocks interface with C4 jack points that would be helpful.
JimLentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:46 PM   #3
grandspt
CF Senior Member

Quote:

I purchased the Quick Jack BL-5000XL back in 2015. I guess that model is not sold anymore. I don't have any pictures but the jack points are in a good position on the pinch welds of the car. I used to have vette2vette frame stiffeners on my car and that made lifting the car a bit more difficult (I have since removed and sold the frame stiffeners as my car with new tires and a good balance seems to not need them).
grandspt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grandspt For This Useful Post:
9T3VETTE (02-15-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 08:41 PM   #4
93Blackrose
CF Senior Member

I purchased the BL-5000SLX this past October. The C4 jacking points work great with this model.

Quote:

Last edited by 93Blackrose; 02-13-2018 at 09:04 PM.
93Blackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 93Blackrose For This Useful Post:
9T3VETTE (02-15-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 09:13 PM   #5
jpipx
CF Senior Member

Here's the link to my review of the QuickJack from 2016:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ft-review.html

Here's pictures of the jack points:

They line up relatively well, give or take. I have my 95 coupe in the air right now, winter is the best time for car work.

Clearance is great and I can get around the entire underside with no issues. You'll love it!
jpipx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jpipx For This Useful Post:
9T3VETTE (02-15-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 08:56 AM   #6
haxxx
CF Senior Member

Yeah I need one of these in my life. I'm currently using ramps I made out of 2x10s. The extra height would be amazing.

I also don't use the factory jacking locations. They are very easily damaged. My drivers side was already messed up a little before I bought it. When I use my Dad's lift I put the pucks just inside on the pinch welds.
haxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:34 PM   #7
9T3VETTE
CF Senior Member

Great information everyone, thank you. Really appreciate the close up of the rubber blocks.

Looks like the 5000 SLX will suit C4 needs just fine. Sane as haxx I’m getting tired of the old heavy homemade wood ramps and jack routine.
9T3VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:06 PM   #8
SteveBlakeman

Quote:
Great information everyone, thank you. Really appreciate the close up of the rubber blocks.

Looks like the 5000 SLX will suit C4 needs just fine. Sane as haxx Iím getting tired of the old heavy homemade wood ramps and jack routine.
I too have the 5000 SLX and am very pleased and feel they are plenty strong to be safe. I also put a 6x6 treated timber (cut about 14" long) inside the jacks just for extra back-up protection. I cut these to fit, so if the jacks fail, the timbers will prevent the jacks from being able to fully collapse. (The timbers are not shown in my picture. It took me a month or so to come up with this idea after I purchased them last September.)
Attached Images

SteveBlakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveBlakeman For This Useful Post:
9T3VETTE (02-16-2018)
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Question for QuickJack users
  •