Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

so is this bodykit impossible to purchase?

Old 02-17-2018, 11:18 PM
arbee
Melting Slicks

Received 539 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by powerboat
thanks i already know their site but their email is no longer working.
so i have to find another way to contact them
If you have their website, then you also have their phone number. If it doesn't connect, I guess you have your answer.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:10 AM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

The guy here has c4 race car snake skinner parts IIRC.

I reached out about 5 years ago to another company that builds foreign kits. The price was no match for my lack of interest in my c4.

I'll try to find the communications and the kit I was interested in back then, maybe they can help you.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:40 PM
ElisTwoCents
Le Mans Master

Received 420 Likes on 234 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06,'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Looks decent...I like it.

To each his own as I know some wont dare get wheels or tint so this must be blasphemous to them.
The following users liked this post:
ghoastrider1 (10-12-2019)
Old 06-13-2018, 08:48 PM
Pm63
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a link for the site?
Old 06-15-2018, 01:39 AM
CaptainMerricka
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like a NSX
Old 08-04-2018, 06:28 PM
Chevy911
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by powerboat
well, i know a few people are searching for this kit.
i really like it and i would love to put it on my own car.
i would only make a mold if there are at least enough people interested for me to get the price back.
i don't have to make big money of it, if there's nobody interested i would not even do it.
it's just because it's so hard to find and this would be a good opportunity for other people to easily get one...

but first i have to find one..
I've been search for the BSM kit for my 93' with no luck. I feel your pain, this is the best kit for a C4 to bring out its true beauty. I noticed they make a kit for for 84-90 and another one for 91-96, if you mold kits for 91-96 you have a buyer right here.

A95Y (10-15-2021)
Old 08-04-2018, 09:30 PM
DMITTZ
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 428 Posts

I really like this kit, wish I could find one for my 88'
Old 08-05-2018, 08:55 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Pic of the silver one has a nice look to it.
Jr said it best though most owners are cheap.
Engine 4k? Nope thats more than thier car is worth, same things happening with the C5s.
I see why guys make dune buggies out of them now lol.

So many have popped up over the yrs with nice parts for these, they cant sell any of them despite how much "Ill buy one" responses are posted.

Maybe its time to learn to work with some foam and mold one of your own?
Sure the stock piece looks nice but just for cooling sake alone that piece pictured is a step up.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:43 PM
Rico Muņeco
Cruising

Default C4 BSM body kits

I see an old subject have come up yet again. Some many years ago I was looking for the BSM body kit for the C4 and after months and months of looking and talking to different people excetera, I have found out a few things. The kit was roughly $3,800 before being shipped, and would need a third party business to be shipped to in Japan before it could be shipped to you. So this made it even more complicated. Regardless the company stopped making them and went out of business many years ago also. They did by far make some of the greatest body kits for the C4 and this was mostly due to replacing complete panels, also why it was so expensive, instead of only adding parts to existing panels which I personally don't like because it looks like a bunch of stuck on Parts versus the seamless panels of these kits. Regardless , it seems like this subject died down , after so many tried at no avail i guess with the rise in C4 purchases ,so has this subject. Unfortunately it will be very hard to get one of these kits, unless someone sells one. This is why I look every so often in hoping to find somebody selling one. Some 3 years ago I talked to somebody who found a front bumper but that was it. So it can happen. As far as copying them, it can be done, and is what I'm going to do myself, and while it's not it all too hard is still a considerable amount of work. Unfortunately for the amount of time and work that would need to be invested it ends up not making sense to mass-produce oh, and is why nobody has. But it definitely can be done, especially those who are familiar with Advanced Bodywork. I was planning to copy one or something similar a while back but got caught up with everything else, high end custom & performance modifications i have been doing to my C4, so i haven't got to the body yet, so i was hoping to just find one already done, not looking good so i will have to make my own. I have so much time & money in to my C4 (over $75k by the time I'm finished), so whatever it takes to finish the body will make sense for me, but for most C4 owners it doesn't. There are other body work people who could pull it off also, but it will cost $$$. The only kits available for the C4 are Greenwood & ACI, which aren't to bad but nothing i would use myself. Tho i will be using a mix of both kits that i have as the "starter" platform to build upon. As i go thru this i will keep a detail record of everything including pictures, as i have with everything else i have done to my C4, and hopefully it will help others out. The only reason I haven't shown anything yet is im going for the big time, that wow effect, magazines, etc, so i don't want things copied yet. Especially because there is a fine line between gawkey & tasteful when doing modifications. So i am sure this will be very tastefully done.
CaptainMerricka (09-26-2020)
Old 10-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 475 Likes on 352 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Rico, I would suggest that you consider Googling "Larry Shinoda C4 corvette kit" or "Rick Mears special edition ZR1" I think that the possibility of finding some folks with these kits domestically is a better possibility. Larry Shinoda's kit was very special. It was rather expensive and then required considerable body shop work to get everything to line up perfectly. I've seen pictures of a 96 GS (in Florida) with his kit and it looks stunning.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:19 AM
Rico Muņeco
Cruising

Actually I know about those kits also. They are also great kits, but availability of them is about just as hard to find as the BSM. The only one that is only recently available is the Geiger wide body kit, there are 3 versions of it, it's made in Germany & for some $7200.
so when i mentioned kits, i was referring to the readily available ones. But still i appreciate you passing tge information on, just in case i wasn't aware of them. Passing all this info to each other makes things easier for each other also. Because sometimes basic Internet searches aren't enough.
CaptainMerricka (09-26-2020)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: so is this bodykit impossible to purchase?