Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Grand sports

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 09:38 PM
RichS
Le Mans Master

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

I never gave a crap about values, I bought the GS back in 2000 because I liked the looks of it when I saw one at the dealer new and I couldn't afford it. Prices haven't really gone up on the GS they just never seemed to come down. It's funny that most of the negativity towards the GS always seems to come from other C4 owners. Every generation seems to bash the other models from base, GS, Z06, ZR-1, You see the values lately on the low mile 3rd gen IROC's and Z28s? They are worth way more then the C4s lately.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:21 AM
grandspt
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 191 Posts

I didn't purchase mine because they only made 1000. I actually wanted a Viper first but dealerships at the time were charging way too much in 1996.
Things I loved on the GrandSport: Big rear tires, paint scheme/color, black wheels with machined edge.
I hated the rear fender flairs and wished it had even more horsepower than what it came with.
I got a great deal on the GS in 1996 and the car owes me nothing.
And it seems that most people will turn their heads when they see it.
Do I care about the value? No I bought it to drive and enjoy😎
Old 03-22-2018, 03:00 PM
bac22
Le Mans Master

Received 186 Likes on 163 Posts

End of the day only 1000 were made defining a sports car generation that pretty much saved the Corvette from going into production limbo while defining the modern era sports car generation. Attrition is starting to take it's toll on all the C4 years and the 96 GS is the newest with all the fixes. ZR1 is nice, but almost 7000 of them were made (relatively speaking) and the performance difference between them and LT4 isn't that significant. One can easily spot a GS, not so easy with a ZR1 unless you get close or open the hood.

I've said countless times in the past (going back to 1997 when I bought my LT4 non-GS vette) that the GS would be a collectors car appreciating in price as the years passed by.

Last edited by bac22; 03-22-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Grand sports