Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 Purchase Decision

Old 04-20-2018, 09:08 AM
dkpnkc
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 208 Posts

It's brutal getting in and out of the drivers seat when the parking spaces are tight. Even when they're not tight it's a little cumbersome. There was a guy at my old office that had a '95 as his DD so I've seen it done, but our traffic is light & he didn't run any errands during the day other than lunch. This is coming from someone who's 55 though.

When I was in my 20's I have a few different RX-7's as my DD, so you have to decide if it's worth it. If you haven't already, get in and out of one a few times, take it for a spin, and make your decision.

I bought mine that was loved by the previous owner and I've still spent $1k getting it to where I feel it can be driven more.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:09 AM
Cool Runnings
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Back in the day, many of us drove 20 year old junkers as daily drivers.

Imagine driving a 20 year old 1950's car as a daily driver ???
Old 04-20-2018, 01:33 PM
2LZ
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

As a daily work vehicle? Here's the test:

1-Sit yourself down in your bathtub.
2-Cover half the tub in front of you with a piece of plywood.
2-Without touching or moving the plywood, maneuver a leg over the edge of the tub and climb out.

This will give you a pretty good idea of a C4.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:54 AM
Bodageta1995
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad - says Sheryl Crow. I was thinking of doing the same. What you pay for a low mileage C4 is kind of crazy and if its been stored in a garage then the age of the car is less of an issue. I wanted to do this but I already have a C4 for fun and the wife thought I was crazy. I'm not young but I have a young attitude. If you are young or have a young attitude go for it. I admit that getting in and out is less fun than when I had a C4 in 1986 but I wouldn't complain. As for me I bought 1995 K1500 Z-71 extended cab that gets 12-14 mpg going to Atlanta daily. If I had bought the C4 I would probably be in 18-21mpg range and have a nicer vehicle. You just get a lot for your money with a C4. My biggest fear would be the fuel injectors leaving you stranded. I replaced mine with FIC's rebuilt Bosch III's though cheaply and took a day or so work. Best to you. I say, if you know what you are getting into - do it. Buy it for $7k, drive it for 3 or 4 years and run the miles up and I'll bet you still can get $4K~$5K for it so theres not much financial risk. Oh, I do like my truck to so I'm happy, but sometimes I wonder what if...

Last edited by Bodageta1995; 04-23-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C4 Purchase Decision